Pearl-Studded Hoop Earrings Are Having A Moment

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some very interesting designs in this one, and I do like the earrings in the lead pic even though I wouldn't buy them, and there's a golden pearl set that I like because it would go so well with the 'Saturn' ring I favored in a recent article I posted. So I'm showing you those two, as well as the last item in the lineup because, although we can see how the pearl in one earring is mounted, I'm mystified as to how the other one is held in place so if you can figure it out please clue me in. :!:

By Victoria Gomelsky | October 25, 2022

"Ask any jeweler where hoop earrings fit in amid their overall selection of merchandise and you’re likely to hear a refrain: Hoops are the denim of the jewelry world. With a deep cultural heritage that goes back 5,000 years—all the way to the royal tombs of Mesopotamia!—hoops are arguably the most basic of jewelry staples, easy to wear and equally easy to sell.

What’s new for this most essential jewelry item is, of course, the numerous ways in which hoops are now embellished. It should come as no surprise to readers of this newsletter that the most relevant, fashionable examples feature cultured pearls. Dotted along the bottom rim of a hoop, or placed there as a single gem in a delicate balancing act, pearls are the freshest way to enliven a standard pair of hoops or huggies.

Whether the earrings are classic door knockers (à la the pair by Rush Jewelry Design), avant-garde takes on the traditional hoop (see Grace Lee’s whimsical twisted-wire style), or elegant examples of the pearl’s regal countenance (check out Mateo’s ethereal floating pearl hoops), they all send the same message: There’s nothing basic to see here."

Lucy pearl earrings in 18k gold, $3,500; Rush Jewelry Design

Half Moon Floating Pearl hoop earrings in 14k gold with 0.48 ct. t.w. diamonds, $3,500; Mateo

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -a-moment/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: Pearl-Studded Hoop Earrings Are Having A Moment

Post by crazy8s »

The floating pearl is mounted to the earring back. LOOKS LIKE IT SITS AT the bottom of the ear lobe.
SwordfishMining

Re: Pearl-Studded Hoop Earrings Are Having A Moment

Post by SwordfishMining »

Its the same. The first one of the two shown is what it appears like with the ear photo-shopped out.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"