These Are The Pearl Styles That Are Selling, Say Retailers

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Although I don't care for the necklace in the lead pic, there are some nice pieces in this one and I cut it off after my favorite of them all so use the link to see the last one. I chose Tahitian black pearls in this one, which pairs them with a larger mauve-y pearl, as well as the ones I chose from the other article I just posted on pearls since they've been favorites for many decades. 8-)

By Victoria Gomelsky | October 12, 2022

"What style of pearl jewelry has been most popular with your customers this year?

We put that simple question to a few retailers around the country, and the answers, while not exactly surprising, delighted us with their variety. They suggest that pearls have outgrown their classic wardrobe of strands, studs, and solitaire rings and now inhabit virtually every setting imaginable. Pearls gone wild, you might even say.

Susan Eisen, owner of Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry, El Paso, Texas

“Long strands with unique clasps. Yellow gold and pearls of all types. Jewelry with odd-shaped freshwater pearls. And stud earrings with diamond accents.”

Marisa Textured bracelet in 14k yellow gold with cultured freshwater pearls, $385; Mastoloni

“Necklaces with asymmetrical designs ranging in price from $350 on up, depending on the type of gold chain and the quality of the pearls. Many are made from recycled, previously loved strands brought in by my customers. We love taking apart strands that have pearls that have been broken or damaged, taking out the best ones and mixing them with gold chain in an abstract asymmetrical way. Then we repurpose their pendants and make enhancers they can wear with them!”

A reconstructed pearl and gold necklace by Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry

Jared Silver, president of Stephen Silver Fine Jewelers, Menlo Park, Calif.

“Given our base in Silicon Valley, it may come as no surprise that our clientele prefer unique items or traditional items with a twist—like our front-back Tahitian pearl stud earrings. We are seeing interest in colored pearls, tasseled pearl designs, and jewelry that creatively combines pearls with other colored gems and diamonds.”

Tahitian and Kasumiga pearl earrings in 18k yellow gold, $5,400; Stephen Silver

Melissa Quick, president of Steve Quick Jeweler, Chicago ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... e-selling/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)