Bowen NYC Gives Us the Moon and Stars

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are all very nice and there are quite a few of them so I'm going to take you through to my favorite and then cut it off, so use the link to see all the celestial jewels. The ring in the lead pic is shown in gorgeous blue sapphires so I like it better than the diamond one. Check these out. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | August 12, 2022

"The evil eye may be 2022’s jewelry talisman of choice, but symbolic celestial amulets are not far behind.

Throughout the pandemic, many jewelers (and probably a lot of others, too) have looked to the skies for inspiration. Some found it in the moon, an icon of comfort as it reliably appeared night after night, though not always in the same form.

Karma El Khalil kept the moon as company at the height of the pandemic, sparking her stellar Conversations With the Moon collection. Christina Alexiou found inspiration in the cultural currents surrounding the moon landing of Apollo 11 for her David Bowie-inspired Space Oddity line. And still so many more offer new design takes on the moon, including many jewels highlighting all or some of its eight phases.

And yet it seems we can’t get enough—which is just fine, since jewelry creators have plenty to give.

Star Light Star Bright necklace in 18k yellow gold with sapphires and diamonds, $7,600

Like Julie Bowen of Bowen NYC, whose Moon and Stars collection gives us a selection of delectable, well, moons and stars.

“The moon is always changing her shape as she causes the tides to wax and wane along with her,” it says of the collection on the brand’s website. “She has come to represent our ever-changing moods, emotions, feelings that wash over us.”

Blue Moons earrings in 18k yellow gold with sapphires, $3,850

Shooting Star earring in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $1,400

This always-changing aspect of the moon seems to strike a chord with a lot of designers and their customers, and that symbolism is universal.

Moon and Stars chain necklace in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $4,300

“I’ve always been inspired by the night sky, the moon, the stars,” says Bowen. “The moon is a symbol of change and yet ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... oon-stars/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)