It’s Time to Get Reacquainted With the Ear Climber

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I like ear climbers, and bought a pair from a vendor at the War Eagle mill show last year in yellow gold with a silver bead on it that has synth diamond chips embedded in it, so its a real sparkler. Most of these are nice, although the second to the last one does nothing for me, but I love the 'rain' one in the second pic, and the emerald one where I cut this off so check them all out via the link. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | August 04, 2022

"Let’s face it: Sooner or later, the time had to come for the curated earring party to wind down.

Not that the party is ending. In no way, shape, or form is this wildly popular way to wear (and collect) earrings bidding adieu. The personalization opportunities are too great, the design options too tempting, and we must take note of how valuable piercing parties can be to the in-store experience (some retailers offer piercing full-time in store, even).

But the pandemic earring came along and ushered in the era of the Zoom earring—aka styles significant enough to be noticed on video calls—and we realized that you can, in fact, go big again. We may have forgotten how for a while there, but it came back easily.
Anita Ko rain drop earrings

Rain Drop earrings in 18k yellow gold with 1.94 cts. t.w. round, 0.41 ct. t.w. marquise, and 0.47 ct. t.w. pear diamonds, $13,875; Anita Ko

Caterpillar stud ear climber in 18k yellow gold with 0.02 ct. t.w. diamonds, $580; Chandally

Ear climbers in 18k yellow gold with 3.01 cts. t.w. Gemfields emeralds and 0.2 ct. t.w. diamonds, $11,500; Misahara

On the subject of things that may have been forgotten—the ear crawler. About 10 years ago, perhaps a little less, these styles started to pop up all over, riding the ever-cycling wave of in-and-out jewelry trends. Predating the popularity of the curated single studs, the ear crawler did the job of many: climbing from the lobe and up the ear, some only a little bit, others, all the way. Some of the wilder pieces would be created in materials that made them more affordably priced, but fine jewelry had its way with the silhouette, too, with diamonds and pearls and brightly colored gems. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -climbers/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: It’s Time to Get Reacquainted With the Ear Climber

Post by SwordfishMining »

I always liked a little more than studs. Either up or down it balances the rest of the ear & frames the face more as opposed to drawing you back to the nose? Can we say that?
I even have a Zuni turtle cuff my fiance (yeah, i had a few fiances but only two wives, one by swami & one by common law) gifted me I treasure long after ive lost the sun face studs along with a Singer turquoise & coral Thunderbird and Cross belt buckle from her mom. (Emerald stud from wife one and solar cross in virgin valley opal from wife two.) She had family on White Mountain beside her Elected Sheriff pop & school superintendent mom. She was the assistant forest biologist up on the Toketee when I met her. Biologist on 7 Rivers when we parted, me a dispatcher at Copco Switching Center. Neither of us kept those careers we were not quitting to be together for. Sai La Vie, chortle, snort.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"