Gurhan Expands Into Men’s Jewelry

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are nice styles for men, and I've never seen the coin in the necklace in the lead pic before, but I sure got a kick out of it when I saw it. There's a slideshow from which I pulled one piece to show you, so use the link to see the others and to get the link to their site if you want to see more. ;)

Gurhan’s new men’s range incorporates vintage and new coins. This silver coin is original to the brand. It’s set in a 24-karat gold pendant with black diamonds and strung on a 22-karat gold chain. ($9,050)

"New York—Gurhan is now lending its rich, old-world touch to jewelry for men.

The New York City-based brand has debuted its men’s jewelry collection full of sumptuous chains and signet rings in its signature high-karat gold.

Designer Gurhan Orhan launched his eponymous range in 1997. Just as with the women’s line, pieces are crafted by hand in the Istanbul studio by artisans personally trained and instructed by Orhan.

In the men’s range, elements like vintage bronze coins and new silver ones engraved with skeleton motifs give the feel of long-lost treasure when set in 24-karat gold. Orhan’s aesthetic deftly merges old and new for a completely timeless feel.

“Collecting remnants of the past and recreating their future has been an obsession for me since my earliest days as a goldsmith. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to capture a piece of history and imagine the past lives that were touched by it,” said the designer.

Hand-hammered gold link chain necklaces and bracelets make up the bulk of the 41-piece assortment.

Gurhan’s take on a classic Cuban link is next-level luxurious compared to the typical mass styles, with elegant twisted round links intertwining. The “Hoopla” gold Cuban link short necklace is the most expensive piece, selling for $37,500.

There are multiple chains representing every taste, from single-strand beads to oval links.

Signet rings, without stones and crafted in different shapes, are another highlight, with a feel straight from the antiquities at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Expect one-of-a-kind surprises in the future. To start, there is a shark tooth pendant capped in gold (the entry point to the collection at $2,750), and the range’s only colored gemstone—a kyanite cabochon ring.

The collection is available now on ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... -s-jewelry
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)