Rare Earth

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Rare Earth

Post by PinkDiamond »

The trade magazines don't usually cover minerals, so I was glad to find this one and the one I posted a few days ago on LuxeRox subscription service that offers beautiful specimens since it's rare to find two for you in one week unless I'm at Rock & Gem. Check this out on the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History's exhibition. The link takes you to where you can see prices and get tickets. If I lived out there this is one I would want to see. 8-)

Rare Earth
June 11 through September 5, 2022

"Experience a unique and astonishing collection of minerals that will make you question our cultural assumptions about nature’s value. Learn how these natural wonders are formed, uncover the science behind their beauty, and discover how and where they’re found, including in your very own body!

Enjoy untold stories of the mining history of the American West and treasures from across the Pacific. Marvel at minerals at their finest, from precious stones like malachite and emeralds, to choice fossils like the skull of a juvenile Triceratops horridus.

This special summer exhibit presents rarely-seen specimens from the Museum’s Earth Science Collections, UC Santa Barbara’s Woodhouse Collection, and extensive offerings from the world-renowned Arkenstone Collection.

Included in Museum admission, free for Members."

https://www.mysbnature.org/

The Museum is open Wed-Mon from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The Sea Center on Stearns Wharf is op from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Photos by Robert Mosley (The Arkenstone)
Last edited by PinkDiamond on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add the hours they're open
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)