Do People Buy $1 Million Jewels Online?

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

What's the highest amount you've ever made or spent online? :?:

I wish Wayne or Ross would pop in and tell us what the highest sale on OA ever was. :)

When shopping on the web, there are some limits to how high consumers will go
Rob Bates | August 19, 2016

"Once upon a time, the industry fervently debated whether consumers would buy a $5,000 ring online. And while e-tailers still struggle with the cyber version of threshold resistance, the overall question has long since been answered: Yes, they will. Blue Nile’s average engagement ring sale is around $7,000.

But will people go way above that? Looking at various sites, JCK found a smattering of extremely expensive items for sale. But it doesn’t appear that many people are buying them.

BlueNile.com, the leading jewelry seller in the United States, seems to have the widest variety of top-value gems for sale. The priciest item currently up for grabs is a 22.74 ct. F IF round, which goes for $2.82 million ($2.7 million with bank wire). Next is an 18.9 ct. D VVS2, which will set buyers back $2.73 million.

The site’s largest single sale was a $1.5 million stone in 2007, says spokesperson Josh Holland. In the second quarter of the year, someone bought a $339,000 stone, and it sees sales up to $250,000 “on a relatively frequent basis,” he adds.

On Amazon.com, the priciest jewelry items offered come from colored diamond company Leibish and Co. Among them: a 0.79 ct. fancy vivid orange that retails for $276,000, and a 16.44 ct. spinel for $245,780. In addition, Jewelry.com—which is currently being “supported” by Richline—is selling a 28.5 ct. diamond cuff for $245,000 on Amazon.

Leibish marketing manager Benji Margolese says his company has never exceeded $15,000 with an Amazon sale. Still, it did recently sell a 0.43 ct. fancy red radiant (pictured) for around $200,000 on eBay.

The priciest jewelry or watch item offered for sale on Jet.com—recently acquired by Wal-Mart—is a Breguet Classique Grande Complication Tourbillon Messidor Men’s Watch, which goes for a cool $147,301. If you opt out of returns, it is about $2,000 cheaper. (Please, no one opt out of returns for that item!)

Still, if you really want that timepiece, you can find what seems to be the same watch on Overstock.com for... "

http://www.jckonline.com/blogs/cutting- ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Do People Buy $1 Million Jewels Online?

Post by SwordfishMining »

Love how JCK puts almost the entire article in preview. I know nobody ever called for the 25,000 Precious Opal Snake head fossil cast or to even see the CT scan. Hope the kids get more if they find it after I die LOL
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

I wouldn't. :roll:
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

If memory....... There was a large paraiba tourmaline sold for ?25,000 $ maybe more. :roll:
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

This is a ebay posting a certed paraiba tourmaline for sale, has an asking price or best offer, I know if this stone is as good as looks, the appraised value is in the $20k to $30k dollars/ct. The GIA cert verifies what it very well might be, about the best verification to date- :shock: 8-) http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-05CT-GEM-NATU ... SwvzRXw69X