Fura Gems to Hold Second Colombian Emerald Auction Next Month

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This second auction includes large, quality emeralds in sizes not usually seen, including two over 80 carats! I would love to see some of these as finished products. 8-)

Fura will offer more than 210,000 carats of rough Colombian emeralds in an auction next month, including two rare rough emeralds weighing 81.2 carats and 83.8 carats each.

"Dubai—Fura Gems is ready to hold its second auction of rough Colombian emeralds.

The event will be held from April 3-10 in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

It will offer buyers a variety of high-quality rough emeralds weighing more than 20 carats, including two rare rough emeralds weighing 81.2 carats and 83.8 carats each.

Overall, the auction event will have more than 210,000 carats of high, medium, and commercial-quality emerald rough on display, all sourced from the company’s Coscuez emerald mine in Colombia.

Each emerald is fully traceable to its mine of origin through Gübelin’s Emerald Paternity Test, in which DNA-based nanoparticles that can be retrieved and decoded at any time are applied directly to the rough crystal at the mining site, and the Provenance Proof blockchain.

The auction will also introduce a new grading system for rough Colombian emeralds, Fura said, allowing buyers to have layouts, calibrated parcels, and single pieces with similar color and clarity.

Fura acquired the Coscuez mine in 2018.

The colored gemstone miner held its inaugural Colombian emerald auctions in March 2021 in Dubai and Bogotá, Colombia, offering around 115,000 total carats.

Fura said it received a ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... next-month
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)