We Need to Talk About Adele’s Incredible Diamond Ring

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

If you like things like People Magazine, I think you'll enjoy this story about Adele and the huge diamond ring she wore on the red carpet, and afterward on a talk show, sparking more rumors and speculation than was apparently going on about her at the time. I found it amusing, and there are two pics of her on Instagram so you'll need to use the link to see them. It is a gorgeous ring, that's for sure, and I think you'll find what they say about the pear shape pretty interesting. 8-)

A Stephanie Gottlieb 2.5 carat pear-shaped diamond engagement ring in 18-karat white gold with diamond pave. It’s similar to the ring Adele recently showcased on her left-hand ring finger.

" Hello, Adele. Unfortunately, we can’t hear you over the deafening roar of that giant pear-shaped diamond on your left-hand ring finger.

And that’s fine because the ring says it all, just as you intended it.

Let’s back up for context.

With the release of her album “30” this past November, Adele has been back in the public eye.

Musically, 2021 was the year of the divorce album (see: Kacey Musgraves, “Star-Crossed”) and Adele had several things to show for her split from her husband, Simon Konecki—heartbreak spun into lyrical gold, a fitness glow-up, a new man.

She was due to embark on a Las Vegas residency a la Celine Dion, Britney Spears, and many more, at Caesars Palace.

But on Jan. 20, a mere day and a few hours before her first show, she issued an emotional social media announcement that her residency was postponed, citing COVID-19 supply chain delays and staff out sick with the virus.

Rumors began to swirl. She hated the set. She was constantly on the phone crying to her boyfriend, Rich Paul, a powerful head of a sports agency repping famous NBA and NFL players. Or, she was crying because of her boyfriend, in tearful fights. And where was he, anyway? Shouldn’t he have been in town in the days leading up to her first show?

As the collective rumor mill tone darkened, Adele was said to be ensconced in Paul’s Beverly Hills home, attempting to revive a relationship that may be on life support.

Then Adele took hold of the narrative. She wrote in an Instagram caption alongside a smiling picture, “Hiya, so I’m really happy to say that I am performing at the Brits next week!!” She ended the post with: “Oh, and Rich sends his love.”

She and the sports agent had apparently not broken up.

Her defiant tone went one enormous step further at the Brit Awards, the U.K.’s version of the Grammys held annually.

On Feb. 8, she stood on the red carpet sans significant other, with her left hand prominently on her hip, a power pose if there ever was one because there, on her ring finger, was an enormous pear-shaped diamond solitaire.

Wanting to know more about the stone, I consulted Stephanie Gottlieb, the internet’s most famous private jeweler.

Looking at pictures of the sparkler, she estimated the rock to be somewhere around 10 carats, noting that “pear shapes look much larger than diamonds of similar carat sizes in different shapes.”

Indeed, that’s why a pear-shaped stone is a great choice for a person who wants to maximize their diamond budget. The cut has a much larger spread, or surface area, than a round diamond for instance.

“There is much more value to be found in a pear shape,” Gottlieb confirmed, “so that’s good news for our prospective brides!”

Gottlieb said Adele’s stone is a wide pear, with “nice wide shoulders.” Though difficult to judge from red carpet photographs, she estimates it’s an F color or even higher in the colorless range.
With those qualities, she estimates the diamond’s price be somewhere around $500,000 or above.

Now that should put a stop to break-up speculation, just as Adele wanted.

No, we don’t have an official Instagram engagement announcement from the singer, but do we really need one? In my eyes, Adele is firmly off the market and her next album will be all about new love. I can see it as plainly as that blinding diamond, which looks to be set on a simple platinum or white gold band with diamond pavé, by the way.

She even wore it at her appearance on talk show “The ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... amond-ring
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)