JCK’s 2021 Holiday Commercial Roundup

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This one is interesting because they show you a half dozen or more videos of the ads, followed by critiques from viewers that are interesting, about how they perceived the ads. Swarovski's ad, which is adorable, was the favorite, followed by DeBeers, but the comments on DeBeers' ads were obviously colored by the media's outdated image of DeBeers, which one reviewer even admitted probably clouded her judgment, although they all appreciated DeBeers' ad which came in second to Swarovski's ad.

Since this is rather extensive, I'm just going to give you the first part of the article, and I'll embed DeBeers' and Swarovski's ads for you, without the commentary, so use the link to see the other jewelers' ads, and view the comments to see if you agree with them. :)

By Rob Bates | December 17, 2021

"Welcome to JCK’s 12th annual holiday commercial roundup.

Despite my express wish last time, this year we’re back on Zoom. Since many expect this to be a bridal-focused holiday, with weddings set to boom, we assembled an online focus group of seven brides-to-be, with recruiting help from the people at PriceScope.com, the diamond shopping and advice forum; Original Eve Fine Jewelry; and my colleagues at JCK.

The seven fiancées were: Natalie, 25, an office manager from Michigan; Joanna, 45, a business analyst from New York; Karen, 40, who works in human resources in Michigan; Chloë, 33, a teacher from Rhode Island; Julie, 35, an actuary from Ohio; Keisha, 34, a health care professional from Ontario, Canada; and Rachel, 22, who’s from Texas and works in marketing. Some had their weddings postponed by the COVID-19 pandemic and are looking forward to getting married in 2022.

This group was asked for their opinions on the following seven commercials, which are listed in alphabetical order by brand. ... "

De Beers: “A Diamond Is Forever”

Swarovski: “Holiday”

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... l-roundup/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)