Make Mosquito Bites Stop Itching With These 15 Weird Tricks

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Make Mosquito Bites Stop Itching With These 15 Weird Tricks

Post by PinkDiamond »

The editor of Pioneer Settler has very graciously given me permission to post this article for you in its entirety. With summer upon us and the likes of Zika a threat to all, it's best to use protection, but if you do get bitten here are some ways you can get that annoying itch out of the picture. :D

Make Mosquito Bites Stop Itching With These 15 Weird Tricks | Natural Home Remedies
Riley E. Carlson , May 25, 2016

Want to know how to make mosquito bites stop itching? If you’re suffering from mosquito bites and just can’t help yourself from scratching, these home remedies are for you. Stop the itch and stop scratching with the help of this list.

How to Make Mosquito Bites Stop Itching

It’s sad to say that mosquitoes are part of our daily life. There would be times that you just see them flying around especially if it just rained. Some carry diseases but some just leaves you with a red and itchy bite afterwards.

Living in a farm with my children before, they almost always come home with mosquito bites. And their main complain is always the itchiness from the bite. Don’t get me wrong I try to remind them to always apply bug spray to keep the mosquitoes away, but you know kids. So with those trying years, I came up with home remedies to help them with the itch. Find out how to stop itching with these home remedies for mosquito bites.

1. Banana Peel
Stop the itch by rubbing the bite with the inside of a banana peel. It’s an old Chinese remedy that works quickly.

2. Ice Cubes
The coolness from ice will temporarily numb the affected area. Just hold it against the bite for a few seconds to a minute.

3. Hair Dryer
Ever tried using a hair dryer to cure an itch? Well apparently, heating the bite to around 122 degrees Fahrenheit (that’s 50 degrees Celsius) will break down the proteins from the bite that causes the itching. (Santa hat not required).

4. Heated Spoon
Like a hair dryer the heat from the heated spoon will have the same effect.

5. Aloe Vera
The antibacterial properties of this plant will help heal and soothe the itch from the bite as well as the redness and irritation.

6. Tea Tree Oil
An essential oil that has many benefits including relief from mosquito bites. Just apply it directly to the affected area.

7. Tea Bags
Grab a cold used tea bag and put it in the bite for about 5 minutes. This will ease the itch you experience.

8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Along with the tons of uses of apple cider vinegar, you can add mosquito bite relief to that list. ACV never ceases to amaze.

9. Epsom Salts
Did you know that there are three ways you can use Epsom salts to relieve the itch.

10. Rubbing Alcohol
The cooling effect of alcohol immediately soothes mosquito bite itches. It shrink’s the size of the bite and reduce the swelling.

11. Basil
Not only is basil amazing at repelling mosquitoes, it also helps soothe itchy bites.

12. Lemon Juice
Rubbing lemons to mosquito bites help alleviate the itch from the bite.

13. Nail Polish
Don’t be surprised but nail polish actually helps with the itchiness.

14. Baking Soda
Since it’s naturally alkaline, it neutralizes the pH of your skin soothing the itch from the mosquito bite.

15. Peppermint Poultice
Turn peppermint into a paste and apply to the bite.

Just about every remedy has a sublink to further information, so use this link to access the story and all sublinks.
http://pioneersettler.com/make-mosquito ... ent-mail-a

Thanks again to Lisa, editor of Pioneer Settler. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
gsellis

Re: Make Mosquito Bites Stop Itching With These 15 Weird Tricks

Post by gsellis »

Baking Soda is a winner all-round. It changes the pH and disturbs the reaction. I quit carrying Adolph's Meat Tenderizer and used baking soda instead for jellyfish and Man-O-War stings. Used to carry it in a beach container in my car. Had a parking attendant at an airport lot steal half of it once.
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

:lol:

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

I like baking soda for wasp stings and vinegar for stinging nettle. They both do the same thing. :D