The tundra buggy and polar bear cam

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

The tundra buggy and polar bear cam

Post by PinkDiamond »

Since Tiaki, the Northern Royal albatross fledged, the only cam I had to watch was the Brooks Falls bears in Alaska, although the male albatross returned to the breeding ground already, as have some others, but there's no activity there. And now, with snow now covering the peaks around the falls, most of the bears have gone into hibernation and I'm lucky to catch a few if any, which got me thinking and I remembered the 'tundra buggy' cam in Canada, which travels around, so I've been tuning in to see what the polar bears are up to with very little snow on the ground.

Once winter comes they'll store the buggy, which is more like a traveling office in a windowed container on a semi, but for now it's still going around showing where the bears are so I thought some of you might like to check it out. Happy polar bear hunting where we're only armed with a camera lens. :)

There's a big bear with big muddy feet walking around right now, so if you see this soon check it out.
https://explore.org/livecams/polar-bears/polar-bear-cam

BTW, I tracked Tiaki's movements yesterday, and she has traveled over 3,000 miles in a somewhat erratic pattern, so it looks like she's doing well out there and thriving. 8-)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)