I just dont believe it

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

crazy8s

Re: I just dont believe it

Post by crazy8s »

I don't understand why the auction is from India. The opals did look a little strange from the short time I stayed on the link. :?: :?:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

It looks like they're assembled stones, or like they're sitting on a mirror or something in the main shot, and looking at the other pics as well, to my eye there's nothing natural looking about them at all. :?

That's a riot that they go to your site and ask if something on fleabay is real. Now that's funny! :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

The fine print does say "Lab Created" but I am certain that they are neither opals or from Ethiopia. They look like opalescent glass.

There have been quite a few deceptive stones coming from dealers from India lately. Do an ebay search on "bixbite" or "maxixe" and you'll see similar deceptive terms and origins for those 2 beryls overwhelming the search results. Not weeding out that sort of thing makes it difficult to find the real things on ebay.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

rocks2dust wrote:There have been quite a few deceptive stones coming from dealers from India lately.

Yes, their handle on the industry and what's going on is sorely lacking. They're pretty much having the same problem the Israeli industry is having, too. Between all the deceptive trade practices, and traders disappearing and their word no longer reliable when time comes to repay their debts, we need to be very wary of stones coming thru India because desperate people will do anything to make a buck. :?

Surat diamond traders suffer jolt of Rs 150cr in three days
TNN | May 22, 2016, 06.19 AM IST

"Surat: Dozens of traders and small manufacturers in Surat are at the receiving end as four polished diamond traders operating from Bharat Diamond Bourse (BDB) at Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) have defaulted on payments to the tune of over Rs150 crore in the last three days.

Market sentiments in Surat and Mumbai are at an all-time low following Rs500 crore of defaults reported in the diamond industry in the last two months.

Industry sources said two diamond traders operating at BKC had supplied polished diamonds worth Rs75 crore, purchased from over two dozen traders in Mumbai and Surat, to a trading firm in China. The Chinese firm has defaulted on the payment that is due to the Mumbai-based parties. The diamond traders in Mumbai disappeared from the market two days ago. ..."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 382313.cms
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)