Wave of the future: A New York City jewelry fixture goes all digital after 81 years

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Wave of the future: A New York City jewelry fixture goes all digital after 81 years

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, when the big ones start abandoning Park Avenue locations in New York City in favor of online selling, the face of the industry is definitely in the throes of massive change. :o

Michael C. Fina Closing Store, Moving Online
After 81 years, a New York City jewelry fixture goes all digital
Rob Bates | April 5, 2016

"Michael C. Fina, an 81-year-old New York City jewelry institution that has served royalty and presidents, is closing its store and will exist solely online.

The company’s 500 Park Ave. location will turn out the lights on April 16, says Steven Fina, president and chief merchant.

With 85 percent of the store’s sales now coming through the web, the move was only logical, he says.

“Operating in New York City is expensive,” he says. “When you look at the numbers and the business and how it’s changed—whether it’s the number of people walking through the door or the business that is coming through the web—we have to, as a prudent and responsible business, focus our energy and resources on the part of the business that is its future.

“We have always prided ourselves on evolving with our customers,” he continues. “My grandparents, my father, my uncle, we have always committed ourselves to doing what is best and right for our customer. We need to put the resources into what the customer wants.”

The company is now ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2016/04/05/mic ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)