Take a Peek at All the Big Stones Heading to Auction This Spring

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are gorgeous and we can only hope to see more of them. I've shown you two, and you'll have to scroll down from where I cut the article off past the Related Stories to finish the story and see the last one. 8-)

Sotheby’s Geneva’s May Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels auction will feature two exceptional emeralds: an 80.45-carat step-cut Colombian emerald and a 104.40-carat pear-shaped Colombian emerald.

"New York—It’s shaping up to be a great auction season for large stone lovers.

Sotheby’s will have several notable colored gems and diamonds hitting the block at various sales this spring.

The highlight must be a sapphire that will be sold in Geneva in May, which Sotheby’s has called the largest Kashmir sapphire to appear at auction.

The 55.19-carat oval gem is set alongside a 25.97-carat Kashmir sapphire and diamond accents in a 1930s brooch formerly in the collection of Maureen Constance Guinness, Marchioness of Dufferin and Ava (1907-1998). The lot is expected to sell for between $2 million and $3 million.

The jewel will be part of the house’s Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels auction in Geneva on May 11, where a number of other exceptional jewels will hit the block, including two significant pieces from an important noble collection.

The first is a Harry Winston brooch/pendant circa 1974, set with a 104.40-carat pear-shaped Colombian emerald, estimated to sell for between $1 million and $1.5 million.

The sale will also include an 80.45-carat step-cut Colombian emerald and diamonds set in a brooch/pendant estimated to go for between $2.5 million and $3.5 million.

Also heading to the block in Geneva in May is a necklace featuring a 111.73 ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... his-spring
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: Take a Peek at All the Big Stones Heading to Auction This Spring

Post by rocks2dust »

Hey, 2 emeralds that would actually tempt me to wear a brooch. I need a much bigger COVID stimulus check, however.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else