Colored Diamonds

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: Colored Diamonds

Post by PinkDiamond »

Click on the link at the bottom to see the pics. :D

Argyle Finds Three Ultra-Rare Red Diamonds
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on May 20, 2013

"Argyle announced that it will feature three ultra-rare red diamonds in its upcoming Pink Diamond Tender—the most it has featured in its 30-year history.

Among them is a 1.56 ct. I2 fancy red, dubbed the Argyle Phoenix.

“Since mining began in 1983, only six diamonds certified as Fancy Red by the Gemological Institute of America have been presented for sale at the annual Tender,” said Argyle Pink Diamonds manager Josephine Johnson in a statement. “To have three of these rare red diamonds in one tender is very special.”’

This is a notable time for red diamonds, with one recently ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2013/05/20/arg ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Well, I must admit; here's a diamond I wouldn't want. Something fishy about it. :lol:

Orange speckled diamond named for ornamental Japanese fish

"It is not a perfect gem, by any stretch of the imagination, but at more than 32 carats in weight and with an unusual color mix in which orange is dominant, it has been called the Koi Diamond, after the ornamental Japanese variety of carp, which often are seen in the ponds or water gardens of the Orient. ..."

http://www.gemewizard.com/newsletters/v ... php?id=192

Lydia wrote:I normally don't care for diamonds, but I do like unusual.

Gemjunkie wrote:Uncanny! I'm glad they had captions identifying which photo was the diamond and which was the fish.

PinkDiamond wrote::lol: yeah, I got a kick out of that too GJ. :lol:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I need to figure out a way to get a couple of these!!! :mrgreen:

Argyle celebrates underground mining launch with limited edition of pink diamond ingots

"To celebrate the launch of underground mining operation at the Argyle diamond mine in Western Australia, Rio Tinto has announced the release of a limited edition of one-ounce gold ingots set with Argyle's distinctive products, pink diamonds.

RioTintoPkDia1ozIngot.JPG

Created by the mint in Perth, 168 individually numbered ingots will be sold internationally. The starting price is ...

http://www.gemewizard.com/newsletters/v ... php?id=213

I'm starting a fund y'all can contribute to. :mrgreen: :lol:

*Now that I know that that mint did to Jenador, I'm glad I never got any of those ingots. :!:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

kjsspot wrote:Here ya go Pink
http://www.safdico.com/Expertise/Showca ... ncess-Rose
The Princess Rose
12.82 Ct. Flawless Fancy Intense Pink

The Princess Rose in the rough
The Princess Rose
Cut by Safdico in New York from a 27.92ct rough stone, the Princess Rose, a 12.82ct Flawless Fancy Intense Pink diamond, was so called due to its pink hue, which reflects the delicacy and fragility of a rose.

PinkDiamond wrote:Image

That's one of my favorite shades of pink KJ! Thanks so much for showing it to us!! :D

crazy8s wrote::shock: 8) That is an amazing diamond, oh my. Thanks for showing it to us. How have you been KJ, haven't seen you around for awhile.
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Sotheby’s Selling 59.6 Carat Pink, "Most Valuable Diamond Ever Auctioned"
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on September 25, 2013

"At its Magnificent Jewels auction in Geneva on Nov. 13, Sotheby’s is selling the "Pink Star," a 59.6 ct. oval cut pink diamond it calls the “most valuable diamond ever offered at auction.”

PinkStar59.6ctOVpinkDia.jpg
PinkStar59.6ctOVpinkDia.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 458 times

The auction house estimates the sale price will be “in excess of $60 million.”

As with the 118 ct. D flawless it is selling in Hong Kong, Sotheby’s clearly has its eye on the record books with this stone. It is more than double the size of the “Graff Pink”—the 24.78 ct. fancy intense pink diamond that established an auction world record for a diamond or jewel when it sold for $46.2 million at Sotheby’s Geneva in 2010.

The current record price per carat for a pink diamond ($2.1 million), which this stone could beat, was set by a 5‐carat fancy vivid pink diamond at Christie’s Hong Kong in 2009.

The Pink Star is notable because ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2013/09/25/sot ... -auctioned

That's got to be the prettiest pink diamond I've ever seen, so I'm taking up a collection to try to buy it. Image Any and all contributions will be greatly appreciated. :lol:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

kjsspot wrote:Here's one going for a bit cheaper Pink. Perhaps you can get in on this action! LoL

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/rare-pink-diamond

Rare Pink Diamond to be Auctioned in Toronto for $3 Million

Published: Sep 24, 2010• References: thestar and bornrich.org

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, and if you can't think of anything to give your pink-loving wife or girlfriend, perhaps you'd consider trying your hand at winning the most expensive Rare Pink Diamond. Set to sell from anywhere between $2.5 million to $3 million, this diamond is truly a gem of a find.

Pretty and definitely extravagant, this little Rare Pink Diamond extraordinaire will be found at the Park Hyatt Hotel on October 3, 2010.
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This thing has gorgeous color and ought to cut an outstanding stone. :!:

“Exceptional” 29.6 Ct. Blue Diamond Discovered in South Africa
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on January 21, 2014

"What is described as an “exceptional” 29.6 ct. blue rough diamond has been found at the Cullinan mine in South Africa.

Mine owner Petra Diamonds says the stone exhibits “outstanding vivid blue with extraordinary saturation, tone, and clarity, and has the potential to yield a polished stone of great value and importance.”

“Blue diamonds are among the rarest and most highly coveted of all diamonds, and the Cullinan mine is the most important source of blues in the world,” the company added.

This is not the first notable blue ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2014/01/21/exc ... -306540353

gingerkid wrote:Thanks for posting about the beautiful blue diamond that was recently discovered, Pink! Looking forward to seeing it faceted. :) I didn't know that DeBeers sold the Cullinan mine to Petra Diamonds. Wonder if there were any regrets after this discovery, or does anyone know why DeBeers sold out?

PinkDiamond wrote:I have no idea gingie, but they knew the mine was producing blues when they sold it so probably no regrets.
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Well this is interesting. Apparently the Big Pink diamond that sold for a record amount of $83 million, wasn't paid for, and 2 other record setting sales were canceled in 2011, too. :shock:

Apparently even Sotheby's and Christie's get hit with shill bidders too. :?

Sotheby’s: Big Pink Didn’t Sell After All
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on February 28, 2014

PinkStarSaleFailsAtSotheby.jpg
PinkStarSaleFailsAtSotheby.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 455 times

PinkStar59.6ctOVpinkDia.jpg
PinkStar59.6ctOVpinkDia.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 455 times

It has happened again.

Less than two years after two big diamond auction sales ended up not going through, Sotheby’s has had to cancel its sale of the Pink Star, the 59.6 ct. pink stone that seemingly sold in November for $83 million.

The stone is now in Sotheby’s inventory, the auction house said in an SEC filing, the result of what it termed a “default” by buyer Isaac Wolf.

“Sotheby’s reversed the related ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2014/02/28/sot ... -306540353

gingerkid wrote:That's pretty sad that the diamond didn't sell. Even sadder that there's shill bidding going on with these respected auction houses. :(

PinkDiamond wrote:No kidding! I bet they could sue him for breach of contract, but wonder if they would bother or just put it on the auction block again. :?
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Why the Pink Star Sale Was Canceled—and What Happens Now
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on March 13, 2014

"Two weeks ago, it was announced that the record-setting November sale of the 59.6 ct. Pink Star, which dealer Isaac Wolf bought from Sotheby's for $83.1 million on behalf of a consortium, was canceled. This follows two other canceled sales of top-dollar jewels—one at Sotheby’s, one at Christie’s—both linked to the same person in 2011.

So, is this something we’ll be seeing more of?

“Defaults happen rarely,” says Sotheby’s spokesman Darrell Rocha. “Our purchaser default rate is immaterial in relation to the total volume of transactions brokered by Sotheby’s.”

Veteran auction watcher Ettagale Blauer agrees: “I don’t see this a trend. I just see this as a series of unfortunate occurrences.”

What makes this last occurrence especially unusual—and the reason Sotheby’s had to disclose it in its SEC filings—is that the Pink Star is now sitting in the auctioner’s inventory. Its valuation is $72 million—$11 million below its reported price—which Rocha says “is the U.S. dollar equivalent of the corresponding purchase price in Swiss francs.” (In its SEC filing, Sotheby’s said that it reversed the related auction commission revenues. It called $72 million the “net realizable price” for the stone.)

The sale was “guaranteed,” Rocha says, which explains why it wasn’t returned to the consigner.

Blauer says such guarantees are often offered to attract premium stones: “In this case the consigner might have said, ‘I’ll take my guarantee, thank you very much.’ ”

Perhaps the biggest question is ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/blogs/cutting- ... -306540353

kjsspot wrote:That means it's available Pink! Now go get it! :P

PinkDiamond wrote:I would need to take up a collection to just pay the tax on it. :lol:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

122.52 Carat Blue Diamond Found at Cullinan
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on June 13, 2014

"In what is shaping up to be one of most the amazing diamond finds in recent times, a 122.52 ct. blue diamond—the size of a walnut—has been discovered at the Cullinan mine in South Africa, said mine owner Petra Diamonds.

Blue diamonds are ultrarare, as are stones weighing more than 100 cts.—making this, as Petra puts it, a “truly significant find.” “It’s virtually unheard of to have a blue of over 100 carats,” says spokesperson Cathy Malins.

However, it’s not clear whether this will stand as the largest piece of blue rough ever found. One reference source says that a ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2014/06/13/122 ... -306540353

gingerkid wrote::D That's a beautiful blue!

PinkDiamond wrote:Yes, it is a lovely shade gingie. :D
PinkDiamond