Colored Diamonds

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: Colored Diamonds

Post by PinkDiamond »

gingerkid wrote:have y'all seen this?? barbie sells for $350,000 to an anonymous bidder at christies auction house in new york on october 20, 2010. the proceeds were donated to the breast cancer research foundation in support of breast cancer awareness month.

barbie is wearing jewelry designer, stephano canturi's beautiful cubism design choker and ring. the choker holds a 1ct pink diamond-lucky doll, eh?? :P

BarbieWpinkDiaChoker.jpg

stephano canturi's website on the plans/design for barbie's ring and choker
http://www.canturi.com/#/barbie

PinkDiamond wrote:At least Barbie wasn't around when I was a kid, so I have no desire to buy it, although if I inherited one I admit that I would steal her jewels, and make them into something I could wear. You can't allow your dolls to wear better jewels than you do. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Rockranger wrote:Hi guys ,gals Just a question,is a champagne diamond also called a brown diamond? :?
RR

PinkDiamond wrote:They're lighter than the browns. They're pretty much the same color as champagne; a light biege. I favor the candlelight champagnes which come alive brilliantly in low light situations and incandescent light. They're some of my favorites. ...after the pinks, of course. :mrgreen:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I clicked on 4-5 of their listed sellers of this because I was curious how much it was going for, and not one of them had it even listed on their site. :?

Argyle Celebrates 25th Anniversary With Pink Pendant
By JCK Staff /Posted on February 2, 2011

The Argyle diamond mine in Western Australia is celebrating its 25th year of operation with a specially designed piece, the Argyle Pink Diamonds Limited Edition O Pendant.

The pendant contains more than a carat of Argyle pink diamonds, pavé set in 18k rose gold.

The O is invisibly mounted on a diamond set 18k white gold link chain. Only 100 are available.

Argyle25thAnivPendant.jpg

Argyle Pink Diamonds Limited Edition O Pendant (photo courtesy of Argyle)

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/02/02/arg ... dium=email

I want one! :mrgreen:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Christie’s to Auction 10.09 Carat Fancy Vivid Purple-Pink Diamond
By JCK Staff - Posted on March 3, 2011

"Christie's announced it will offer a 10.09 Fancy Vivid purplish-pink diamond as the highlight of its Magnificent Jewels sale in New York April 12.

The diamond is estimated at $12 million to $15 million..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/03/03/chr ... dium=email

I'll take it! :lol:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm not overly fond of yellows, but this one's really pretty, and the sheer size of it! :!:

World’s Largest Vivid Yellow Diamond Makes Museum Debut
(March 2, '11, 9:01 IDEX Online Staff Reporter)

"(IDEX Online News) - The 110-carat vivid yellow Cora Sun-Drop diamond is on loan to the Natural History Museum in London and the museum decided to promote it with a photo shoot with former model Jerry Hall. The unusual gem, the largest vivid yellow pear-shape diamond, belongs to Cora International..."

http://www.idexonline.com/portal_FullNews.asp?id=35087
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Click the link for pics for the diamonds. :D

Big Purple-Pink Fails to Sell at Christie's
By JCK Staff Posted on April 13, 2011

"A much-hyped 10.09-ct. Fancy Vivid purplish-pink diamond, that was expected to sell for $12 million to $15 million, failed to sell at the Christie’s Magnificent Jewels Sale in New York April 12...

...“While we were disappointed that the 10-carat purple-pink diamond did not find a buyer, top-quality white, blue, pink, and yellow diamonds fared well,” Rahul Kadakia, head of jewelry for Christie’s Americas, said in a statement...."

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/04/13/big ... dium=email
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

WOW!! :shock:

136 Carat Yellow Diamond Found in Russia
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on April 22, 2011

"A 136 ct. yellow diamond was found by miners in the Siberian province of Yakutia, a spokesman for Russian diamond producer Alrosa confirmed to JCK.

The super-rare irregularly shaped stone, which reports called “honey-yellow,” has not yet been valued, and the company has not yet announced its plans for it.

The miners work for Udachninsky Mining Company, an Alrosa subdivision."

Click link to view photo courtesy of Alrosa:

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/04/22/136 ... dium=email

GemAddicts wrote:Wow, that diamond looks identical to the golden yellow grossulars coming out of the Lalatema Mountains, often called Merelani Yellows due to being very close the Merelani mint garnet mines. I mean looks identical, even in the typical shape of the garnet rough, only much large since a large Lalatema yellow is about 2-3cts, with large ones being found around 4cts, and huge World record size is typically only ~6cts when they find any that large, lol.
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

U.S. Marshals Selling Rare 43 Carat Yellow Stone
By Rob Bates, Senior Editor - Posted on August 10, 2011

The U.S. Marshals Service is auctioning a 43 ct. stone seized from a convicted money launderer that it calls “one of the world’s most perfect and flawless canary yellow diamonds.”

The 43.51 ct. flawless fancy intense yellow stone, which sports a modified rectangular brilliant cut, is being sold on the online site Bid4Assets.com. View the listing. The website said in a statement that bids could go high as $20 million. ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/08/10/us- ... dium=email

They really should have taken a better picture of it because not only does it look like it has a green tint, there are also all those dead spots, so it doesn't even look appealing in the pic. As a matter of fact, the photo's so craptastic it makes me wonder if they're basing their opening bid on what the money lauderer paid for it, and if it hasn't been appraised, which they never mentioned doing it, and if it does look anything like the picture, I'd say the criminal got taken. :lol:

Rockranger wrote:Pink,I dare you to go and toss a 1.000.000.00 dollar bid on it,just for fun :lol:

PinkDiamond wrote:As long as I can use Monopoly money, I'm game Rock. :lol:
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Out of the rough and into the pink
KIM ARLINGTON - Last updated 13:05 02/09/2011
"...The 1.31 carat gem is part of a suite of three matching heart-shaped diamonds, the centrepiece of this year's Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender.

Billed as the world's most exclusive diamond sale, it features a collection of 55 pink diamonds from Rio Tinto's Argyle diamond mine in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia.

Pink diamonds comprise 0.03 per cent of global diamond production; 90 per cent of them come from the Argyle mine. But for every million carats of rough diamonds produced at Argyle, less than one carat will be suitable for the tender. ..."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/55553 ... o-the-pink
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Update on that yellow diamond they confiscated.

“Little Guy” Wins 43 Carat Yellow at Online Auction

By Rob Bates, Senior Editor = Posted on September 9, 2011

"A self-described “little guy” from Cortland, Ohio, who builds houses and dabbles in gems on the side, submitted the winning bid at this week’s bid4assets online auction, and is now the proud owner of a 43 ct. internally flawless yellow diamond.

While the company had predicted the price could climb as high as $20 million, the winner, Jerre Hentosh, scored with a $2.8 million bid. ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/09/09/lit ... dium=email

gingerkid wrote:8) woah, what a prize!! it's gorgeous!! interesting story about the diamond, too.

mehoose wrote:LOL, wonder if the wife did score it? :wink: mind you 'little guy'...2.8M ... man I must be living in another World. :(
Hope he does get a ripper offer.

Gemjunkie wrote:In the back of my mind I'd be just a tiny bit worried about the drug traffickers coming back for 'their' property. Especially with the press printing my name and hometown. :roll:

Rockranger wrote:
Gemjunkie wrote:In the back of my mind I'd be just a tiny bit worried about the drug traffickers coming back for 'their' property. Especially with the press printing my name and hometown. :roll:

He paid 2.8m,must be "insured" for say 12m or more.Why not have them come and get itImage "profit"

Gemjunkie wrote:Won't be much profit after the estate tax. :roll:

Rockranger wrote:Yeah your right, forgot about funeral expenses :P
PinkDiamond