Blizzard warning in effect

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: Blizzard warning in effect

Post by PinkDiamond »

Ah, well then you have another opportunity to BBQ in the snow tonight, Chris. :lol:

crazy8s wrote:And I was gonna complain it is too warm for Feb. 70 degrees F in the afternoons.

I just said the same thing to jake in the chatroom, 8's. We're warm now, but the next 2 days won't get out of the 30's, and after that the heat builds and by later next week we'll be in the 70's, which is too warm for February so the next cold front that hits air that hot could be problematic for those living where the boundaries collide. :?
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

ya, it's not gonna be pretty in OK when tornado season hits...
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Personally I feel the winds are the wild card on me. Nothing against Fires Floods and Earth rending quakes, but they did not rip off my roofs one after another. I just picked up a boat Windmill to mount on the end of my sea can to harvest it for an off grid power supply.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Now your talking my language!
I've wanted to build and install a windmill for a very long time for off grid power, just not able to do it because I was renting a house previously, and when you rent, there is very little you can do to the property to make it "off grid".

I did have solar panels on the front of my house for a few years, but then I moved into town, now, there is no place for me to mount them, or any way to really hook them up in this house, so they are in the shed, sigh.

I had 4 80W panels totaling 320W, which really isn't much when you consider you have 4 ginourmous panels on the front of your house that wouldn't even run a hair drier, but I did run my fridge 24/7 off it!
:)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

How is everyone doing out there :?:
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Had a small snow storm yesterday, cleaned up quickly, gonna have some mixed showers/flurries tomorrow morning, just in time for church, lol.
:)
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

We just had a wicked rain and wind storm. One woman was filled when a large tree fell on their house and crushed her while she was in bed. Lots of other damage as well. Today is not so bad.
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Lydia wrote:We just had a wicked rain and wind storm. One woman was filled when a large tree fell on their house and crushed her while she was in bed. Lots of other damage as well. Today is not so bad.

I seen that on the news, terrible.

One of my brain injuries was actually from a similar incident, I was driving along when out of the blue a large tree size branch (you know how big the trees are there on the West coast are Lydia!) fell on the top of my little Toyota Corolla and smashed the roof in on my head.

It hit my head so hard, it fractured my lower back, and I didn't even know I broke it until it showed up on an X-ray 10 years later LOL.

The thing that really ticked me off was that there was a guy up in the tree a hundred feet up with a chainsaw that cut that branch off, the flag guy who was supposed to stop vehicles below and reroute traffic decided it was a good idea to leave and go across the street to the corner store to get a coffee.

yes, I did sue them :)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

You just proved my point that your pain is being caused by spinal compression, with the vertebrae squeezing the nerves to all the organs and systems in your body that feed into the spine. :o
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

I never ever doubted you Pink :)