Email notifications

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

opalcreations

Email notifications

Post by opalcreations »

Hi all,

I just wanted to start this new thread to put it in it's proper place to discuss about email notifications.

Looks like whet I tweaked thus far has actually made a "bit" of a difference as some of you seem to be receiving notifications now.

I changed a setting in the PHPbb control panel and also change the mail server settings.

I can set up cron jobs and also change the script for notifications, but that might take me a bit of time given I'm definitely not a programmer, and don't want to mess anything up.

Even ensuring someone is logged onto the forum to trigger an email notification being sent out is apparently unreliable, so it's gonna be hit and miss until it gets fixed, and I'm not sure it can even be fixed totally at all.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Chris :)
kjsspot

Re: Email notifications

Post by kjsspot »

If you click on Notifications in the upper right, and then Settings in the upper right of the screen this brings you to, you can choose what will and what won't send you emails.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Chris, before we get any more replies here I wanted to move everything from page 3 on from wannaB's intro thread. I think I have pages 3-5 split out, but don't know how to put them here, and I don't want to lose them. Got any clues for me?
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Umm, I'm not sure I totally understand what exactly your wanting to do Pink :)

Do you just want to move posts in this thread to a different thread??
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I want to move pages 3 thru 5 from the Florida thread in the intro section, to this thread in General Chat. I think I just figured out how to do it but maybe I should let you actually do it so I don't lose anything.

Go to page 3 of wannaB's intro thread and click MCP.

That will bring up the choices and I told it to move all the posts from page 3 on, but then I thought I had to go to this thread, which is what messed me up.

I just found another tab to the left of the one I was on that said Move, I think, and that's where you name the target. Only problem is it asks for a number, or tells you to do a search so I came to see if you saw my post, and you did, so please go take a look at what I just mentioned and LMK if I was on the right track. ;)
PinkDiamond

opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

It's pretty confusing, but I think I've managed to move them all as per your request. Don't be afraid, your just as qualified to move stuff around as I am!!
:)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

LOL! You're telling someone who's computer illiterate and stumbles around until they find something that looks like it MIGHT work, that they're as qualified as you, and you want to take a chance on me implementing what I THINK will work??? :o Silly wabbit. :lol:

Trust me when I tell you that it's best that I run stuff by you first in case I would hit implode and the whole forum would go kaput. I only got thru a few pages of that phpbb stuff today before my eyes glazed over and my mind went blank. :lol:

Thanks so much for taking care of that Chris. I'm going to have to touch up my roots because I've made 2 correct guesses today so they must be showing. :lol:
PinkDiamond