Here comes another one...

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Jenador

Here comes another one...

Post by Jenador »

Very excited to join this new group and look forward to discussing anything opal! Some of you may already know me from other forums and those that do not here is a brief history. My journey with opal began when my very adventurous father decided that our family of eight would go and find our fortune on the opal fields of Lightning Ridge New South Wales, Australia. While we did have some success finding good opal I don't think it was quite the amount dad was looking for... Dad decided he would become an opal dealer instead so I would often accompany him on his many buying and selling trips.
On one of our trips we came across images made of opal that had been stuck onto glass that had been painted black, while the finish and opal was of an inferior quality the idea sparked something in dad and I to want to take it to a new level.
Many years of blood sweat and a fair amount of tears I might add we were finally able to create artworks of a quality that were offered for sale. More recently we have added jewellery in the same style as the artworks. Dad passed away over 18 years ago now and my eldest son assists me in the designing process of most of the artworks and jewellery pieces.
Dad left me a very large collection of Lightning Ridge opal that I continue to use in my work....
Anyone interested in seeing the pieces are invited to visit my website www.jenador.com
Jenador
http://www.jenador.com
PinkDiamond

Re: Here comes another one...

Post by PinkDiamond »

Fantastic! Warmest welcome to our new home Jenador! We're delighted you came with us and look forward to seeing more of your brilliant work. Image
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Welcome to our new forum Jenador !!
Chris :)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Hi Jen, saw a picture of 3 beautiful stones, outstanding, Welcome. :D
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

Hi, Jen! :) Glad to see you!!

Thank you for sharing your ventures with your dad into opal with us. Your dad would be very proud of you!
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder