Red-Hot $4 Million Ruby Ring

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Red-Hot $4 Million Ruby Ring

Post by PinkDiamond »

This ring is so over the top in every way. I think it's breathtaking, and the way the designer used and set the diamonds closest to the ruby is amazing. :!:

I would want it but I have no place to wear it so I let the guy have it for just under 4 mil. :lol:

Edmond Chin’s Red-Hot $4 Million Ruby Ring
ogan Sachon | November 4, 2015
"Sold for: $3,859,249

Rubies have long been considered “the king of precious stones,” as their Sanskrit name, ratnaraj, translates. Burmese warriors wore them to battle; Indians believed they ensured peace; and nobles everywhere hoarded them for their beauty and symbolic relationship to wealth, love, and passion. “Refined collectors from all over the world ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2015/11/10/edm ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Re: Red-Hot $4 Million Ruby Ring

Post by m76steve »

If one looks at the ruby closely, as much as possible, u can see what appears to b natural inclusions within the stone, this is a no-slouch gem. I told one of my appraisers what a $500,000.00/ct ruby might look like-almost a rich smooth red color, with light wisps of silk, very slight within the stone, so sweet looking that u would want to suck on it as a candy. In this case the inclusions do help to ID the material to the point of even showing the results of the new 'low heat treatment' now being touted as 'no visible change' within the material, this is already proven not correct, under high magnification a slight trace can be found that does change the appearance of the silk, if one knows where to look & what to look for. My appraiser noted the questions about the stone & said he would research further, he did agree that in a stone valued as high as some ruby there is something to the ID with inclusions that help with the value of material being as high as they are, just amazing-stevie... 8-)
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

nice and I like the idea with prongs :)
just want to point that photo is heavy photoshopped ;)

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

I know most pics on the ebay are shopped & usually one can tell, when this pic is photo shopped im asking, is this done to change just the color & seen inclusions? or are most pics just color corrected to show at observed best-stevie... :?: :? 8-)
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

ebay is different story - but all gems & jewelry photos in magazines or pro-websites are edited - but not every graphic knows gems ;) his work is to make photo nice clean and beautiful :D but I guess in JCK they know gems

btw. there is nothing wrong with editing the photo but by editing you should 'correct the photo' which can be difficult because the camera will never capture 'true' color especially with gems + pc/laptop monitor also will show different color === it's imposible to do it :D

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<