Feng Shui piece done update

Post all non-opal carvings and creations here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

KKHK

Feng Shui piece done update

Post by KKHK »

I have stayed away from our local version of Feng Shui for quite some time.
There are just too many pieces out there.
But for once I thought that a FB contest, a weird material, plus the need to practice flowing shapes would make a good combo.

Tiger Iron or something like that.

Feng Shui attributes:
Fish/Carp symbolizes Good fortune, Success, Prosperity, Longevity, Courage, Ambition, Perseverance

Flowing water symbolizes income.
This could be a river or lake or a natural pond. As long as it is flowing in a non-threatening way it symbolizes good income. This means a regular pay check and a regular monthly income. But when the water accumulates (like in a pond) it signifies wealth and pile up of assets. It could be a pile up of assets like company, property or business. For great wealth luck you will need to accumulate water.

And finally the seed-pod of a lotus:
The seed pod of the lotus is a ever changing womb that protects and holds the seeds until they mature. The pod represents the sanctuary of community where the seeds of creativity and expression are nurtured and prepare for transformation.

After day two, thats where I'm now:

3 hours on the machine, 12 pins down (9 secondary use, 4 new ones). Man is that material though. Not only muddying up the pins, but actually wearing them down. OK, I use cheap Chinese ones, but still.....

Now I got till the weekend to figure out better placement and size of fins, as well as the seedpod. Looks so much easier in 1D. There is a lot of curvature and flow needed in that piece. Nice challenge; lets see how far I can take it. If I can round out the back, It looks like I would get a nice scenic cab from the back.

Thanks for looking, Kurt
Last edited by KKHK on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkDiamond

Re: WIP Feng Shui

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's going to be lovely Kurt. You always seem to cut away all the extraneous material from the form emerging in stone perfectly. Hope it turns out exactly as you envisioned. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
KKHK

Re: WIP Feng Shui

Post by KKHK »

Thank you. Lots of luck involved with the placing.
KKHK

Re: Feng Shui piece done update

Post by KKHK »

OK first pictures are in.

Got a nice bonus in the back
Its a nice scene, unfortunately there are 3 spots that broke out and its too deep to really grind them out. The two cracks are OK, as they are not going through the material to the other side. They just form the boundary between different material.

Thanks for looking, Kurt
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

That is really lovely Kurt. :D 8-)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That is simply beautiful, Kurt. I'll never understand how you know how much rock to remove to reveal those fishes hidden inside! :lol:

Killer carving, and thanks for showing it to us. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Its getting deeper in order to give it shape, thats for sure, but gotta start somewhere. Next one will present similar challenges.
I'm a bit jittery about the next one, as it involves Chrysocolla with Gem Silica. Never worked expensive material like that.