UN Says Taliban Involved in Gold, Lapis Trade

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

UN Says Taliban Involved in Gold, Lapis Trade

Post by PinkDiamond »

Be careful buying lapis and know your source or you could end up supporting the enemy. :o

Taliban Reportedly Involved in Gold, Lapis Trade, UN Says
The fundamentalist group controls two of the three access roads to a lapis lazuli mine in the north
Rob Bates | October 19, 2015

The Taliban is illegally mining gold and controls access to a source of lapis lazuli, according to a United Nations Security Council report on Afghanistan issued in August.

The report, issued by the council’s sanctions monitoring team, quotes Afghan officials as saying Taliban forces have gained control of an illegal gold mining operation in Arghistan, Afghanistan.

The fundamentalist group, which ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001 and was ousted following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, also controls two of the three access roads to a lapis lazuli mine in the north, it said. “The Taliban would currently be in a position to extort payments from the transport of mined lapis lazuli,” it says.

That mine’s license has been held up because of a government dispute, so no lapis lazuli is leaving the country legally at present, the report adds.

http://www.jckonline.com/2015/10/19/tal ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Re: UN Says Taliban Involved in Gold, Lapis Trade

Post by opalcreations »

Remember back in the day when they reported that sales of Tanzanite were funding the taliban?
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hmmm. We spent untold billions of dollars to make all the unaffiliated Afghan tribes the best techo guerrillas in the world after they were un defeated to start with to the point they beat the Russians. (Well we did have to give them millions in Stinger anti aircraft missiles @ 90k each just to make before we smuggled them there thru Pakistan & yes Reagan let President Zia proceed with creating their Muslim Bomb for helping us make the Russians have a Vietnam while the world was looking at the Iran-Contra side show.) Does anybody in business want to bring religion into it other than tool to hurt the competition? That is not TPP and Globalism at all. "Law" is supposed to rule over social justice. Sigh, I just feel real sorry for the actual slaves having to dig out some of what is traded so freely on the world market. People. What cha gonna do with them, especially if you let the 500 richest run amok tax free.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

They pick on the gemstone trade all the time, but they seem to be overlooking this pretty little flower that yields this white milky resin...Hmmmm....

:)
mick

Post by mick »

I think WW3 is half a chance in the next 12 months, so the Taliban will no longer be a problem.
I hope I am wrong, but Putin is a real worry.
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Anyone still surprised????? Anything that brings money, they will have their fingers in.
And with heroin easily available, a rich source of labor is there for the taking (just like they do in Burma).