Trade Alert on Zultanite

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: Trade Alert on Zultanite

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's a nice one and it's huge. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Click4opportunity

Post by Click4opportunity »

ATTENTION OF THE RELATED PERSON

Zultanite is a trademark for a gem variety of the mineral diaspore, mined in the İlbir Mountains of southwest Turkey at an elevation of over 4,000 feet. Depending on its light source, zultanite’s color varies between a yellowish green, light gold, and purplish pink

Those who want to buy real zultanit (gem variety of the mineral Turkish diaspore) can contact me .
I'm from Turkey and I can supply you unprocessed natural real Zultanite

You can ask your designer to cut the unprocessed Zultanit by designing the model you want. So you can have real zultanite jewelery without doubt.

Naturally precious Zultanite® is an exciting new color changing, internationally recognized indicator for high quality gems and jewelry. Beautiful, rare, natural and ethically sourced,

Mined
Only found in one place in the world, Zultanite® is mined in Turkey’s remote Anatolian Mountains, 4,000 feet above sea level. Anatolia, which means ‘sunrise’ in ancient Greek, is blessed with beautifully majestic landscapes that perfectly complement this extraordinary gemstone.

Amazingly beautiful, astonishingly durable and exotic, Zultanite® is a single mine gemstone and extraordinarily rare Turkish treasure.

Characteristics
Zultanite®’s impeccable characteristics make it an exquisite gemstone to add to your collection. Zultanite®’s beauty and intrigue derives from its ability to hypnotically change colors. Saturation, sparkle and durability all contribute to its magnificent qualities.

Zultanite® also exhibits rich khaki greens, sage greens, salmon pinks, mesmerizing violet champagnes and vivid gingers. Its gorgeous kiwi greens with yellow flashes are strongest under daylight, while artificial lighting brings out the rich tones of champagne, pink and raspberry.

Why You Will Love Zultanite®
Zultanite® is a natural gemstone that changes color in daylight, indoor light, even candlelight. Zultanite® looks amazing with just about any colored gemstone especially pink sapphires, green gemstones and diamonds. The splendid but subtle color play is flattering to almost all complexions and compliments neutral tones effortlessly.
Attachments
zultanite 1.jpg
red zultanite 2.jpg
Last edited by Click4opportunity on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I approved the above post since he appears to know what he's talking about, but none of us know anything about him yet so I'd like to hear more from him and see more of what he's selling. Caveat emptor, as they say.

That said, we are willing to talk further with you, so welcome to the forum. However, the rules say no email addresses on the Board, so please edit your post to delete that, and have anyone interested in contacting you reach you via private messaging or email through the forum. You will have access to private messaging after your second post is approved. :)
PinkDiamond

Click4opportunity

Hi PinkDiamond.

Thank you for aproving my firt post. Surely i know what i'm talking about and be sure all of you will know more about me soon... With respect to all group members.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Hi C4o. We tend to shorten names around here. :lol:

Thanks for tending to the removal of the email so quickly. It is for your own protection so spambots don't find it and start inundating your inbox with junk. Again, welcome to the forum. ;)
PinkDiamond

Click4opportunity

COLOR CHAMELEON

The unique beauty of Zultanite® lies in its contrasting colors, which change from kiwi greens with flashes of canary yellow under sunny skies, to rich champagnes in traditional indoor lighting and raspberry hues in candlelight. With 90 percent of all standard gemstones being only red, green or blue, Zultanite® stands out as a unique and limitless alternative.

color-chameleon.png

Color changing gems show different colors when viewed under different light sources, such as sunlight and indoor light.

Color change is an uncommon phenomenon, making all color changing gemstones very rare. There are only a handful of color changing gemstones including Alexandrite, Color Change Fluorite, Color Change Garnet, Color Change Sapphire and Zultanite®. Unlike other color changing gemstones, Zultanite®’s color change is not limited to two basic colors. The same Zultanite® can exhibit sparks of canary yellow, cognac pink, ginger, kiwi green, raspberry pink, rich champagne and sage green.

One of Zultanite®’s most unique characteristics is that its best color changes are not dependent on dark tones. Like all gemstones, the larger the Zultanite®, the more striking the color change and the greater its color intensity.

Compared to other color changing gemstones, Zultanite®’s light sensitivity affords far more nuances and subtleties, which are very appealing. As a result, Zultanite® fairs much better in mixed lighting than other color changing gemstones, plus the very nature of its colors suit a wider variety complexions, fashions, personalities and styles.

Emerald by day and Ruby by night, Alexandrite is the quintessential color changing gemstone that started interest in this phenomenon. Alexandrite comparisons illustrate the uniqueness of Zultanite®’s color change. While their colors can be similarly dramatic, Zultanite® is differentiated by its plethora of light sensitive hues.
alex1.png

CUTTING ZULTANITE

Zultanite® tests the skills of even the most experienced lapidaries due to its very low yield (2 percent), tendency to cleave, or split apart, in a single direction (much like a Diamond) and its trickier-than-usual crystal orientation. Most Zultanite® rough yields the popular jewelry sizes of one to three carat gemstones. Sizes exceeding 5 carats are exceptionally rare. A wide variety of classic and specialty cuts are available.

Some Zultanite® even displays the coveted cat’s eye effect. The cats eye effect, also known as chatoyancy, appears as a single bright reflective line of light, similar to a cat’s eye. This optical effect is created by the reflection of light from long needle-shaped inclusions occurring in a parallel arrangement. Similar to star gems, the cat’s eye effect is dependent on a gem being cut ‘en cabochon’ and is most visible in a direct, single beam of light. Sporting a phenomenal dual effect (color change + chatoyancy), these Zultanite® varieties are exceedingly rare

Watch CUTTING A ZULTANITE® WOBITO SNOWFLAKE® and see Rudi Wobito, a third generation Master Gem Cutter with over six years experience cutting Zultanite®, transform raw Zultanite® crystals into two stunning Wobito Snowflakes. Rudi and his bother Ralph learned the art of lapidary as long term apprentices of their father and have over 50 years combined experience.

https://youtu.be/X5KysHxtM7o
Last edited by PinkDiamond on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by Pink to embed the video
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Very nice C4o. Those snowflake cuts he did are awesome, and you can embed videos here by inserting just the number of the video between the youtube brackets. If you click to quote your post you can see what I inserted out of the link you provided. Beautiful gems. :)
PinkDiamond

SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I will watch later I promise.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
Click4opportunity

Diaspore mineral is an aluminum based, color changing mineral. The name of the stone comes from the Greek word Diaspor. This name was given because of the rock's scattering of light and resembling sparkle.

The history of the diasporic mineral dates back to the 1800s.

The diaspore mineral, which was first discovered in Russia, was later extracted in U.S.A., New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, England and China. However, these diaspore stones were found to be very sedimentary and opaque.

The gem-quality, crystalline, light reflecting collapsed beautiful, clear and color-changing move just Diaspora in Turkey is mined
Turkis Diaspore at the Mine 1.jpg

Diaspore is the original name of the mineral extracted from the mine. Zultanite and Csareti are trademarks of this stone.

However, only diasporas stones mined in Turkey and to be called Zultanit Csarit.

The Turkish diaspora was issued in 1997 under the name of Zultanite.
Turkis Diaspore at the mine 2.jpg

In 2005, he recognized the world Turkish Diaspora under the brand of Zultanite.

The mine owner left the Zultanite brand in 2012 and established his new brand Csarite.

Today, Zultanite and Csarite can be purchased from select enterprises. Because, as in every stone, there are counterfeit or synthetically produced ones in the laboratory.

Click4opportunity

Dear gemstone lovers,

Today, I wanted to tell what happened during the branding process of the Turkish Diaspora as a story.

Luckily, Lisa Rosen has already edited and published the story. I read it with pleasure ... and I suggest you read it.

A Short History of Diaspore and its trade names
Zultanite and Csarite

by Lisa Rosen

Publisher’s note: This short history was originally published by the late Stephen Kotlowski, in the public domain, and is reproduced here verbatim for education and public consumption. If you identify any errors or incorrect attributions, please notify us immediately. All sources are cited.

Here is a short history of the mineral Diaspore and its gemstone trade name(s) Zultanite® / Csarite™ and some of the people involved, also to answer some lingering questions of what it is and how these trade names came to be along with photos and some noted articles associated with it. At the end of this report are pictures of the 96 carat “Sultans Shield” Zultanite® and the Zultanite® “Shooting Star” motif Jewelry Ensemble valued at over $1.5 million dollars: designed by Stephen Webster of London.

In early 2006 it was my friend Murat, the current mine owner who suggested we come up with a more pleasing gemstone “marketing” name for the gemstone variety of the mineral Diaspore, it had an awful sounding mineral name sounding like a fungus, so in early 2006 he came up with the name after I suggested we call it “Ottominite” after the Ottoman Empire of Turkey and he said how about “Sultanite” after the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire and giving it a Royal kind of sounding name, well it turns out after researching the name there was a mineral called “Sultanate” out there and he said it was too close to that name so instead we just exchange the “S” for a “Z” and Zultanite® was born. In all of the proceeding adds about this new gemstone Zultanite® it refers to the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire of Turkey as the inspiration and dedication for its royal sounding name.

I’ve been involved with this gemstone since the very first time it was brought to my attention into this county way back in the mid 1990’s, from the original Turkish importer, who had been acquiring it from a government owned, but none operating, Bauxite deposit in Turkey and ever since Murat, the current mine owner legally acquired the mining rights to it back in 2005.

Back in 1995, was the year I received an AGTA Spectrum “Cutting Edge” Award for the “Uniquely K Apex Fan” Diaspore I faceted, a 26 carat fan shape shield of this gemstone that was shown at the AGTA Show in Tucson.

zultanit 3.jpg

My 26 carat “Uniquely K Apex Fan” Diaspore under incandescent light showing the reddish tan color of this AGTA Spectrum Awards winning stone from 1995. (the name Zultanite® was not created as of yet nor was Csarite™ which is a recent New Trade Mark name by the mine owner Murat Akgun in Turkey)

zultanit 4.jpg

My 26 carat “Uniquely K Apex Fan” Diaspore under incandescent light showing the reddish tan color of this AGTA Spectrum Awards winning stone from 1995. (the name Zultanite® was not created as of yet nor was Csarite™ which is a recent New Trade Mark name by the mine owner Murat Akgun in Turkey)

Then it was only known as Diaspore a “new color changing gemstone from Turkey”. My partner and I at the time, where one of the only few companies marketing this lovely color changing gemstone under our company name Golden Land Trading, since I was one of only a few people faceting this gemstone and I tended to received most of the larger crystals due to my expertise working with this tricky gemstone. We had a full page color add in the 1995 Tucson Gem Show Guide on the right hand side of a page near the beginning of the Guide, we were displaying all of our own stones along with the “New Color Changing Gemstone from Turkey: Diaspore” at the GJX Show across the street from the AGTA Show.

From this point on till the acquisition of the legal mining rights by Murat in early 2005, the gemstone Diaspore had its ups and downs until at one point I lost contact with the former Turkish importer who was getting this fine gemstone mineral crystals out of Turkey. Quite a few years went by and my connection with the original importer had fallen off and I had not heard from him in quite some time. Then in 2004 Murat contacted me about the diaspore deposit and the former importer who I was getting the diaspore from was out of the picture. He contacted me as the person to see since my involvement with the former importer and my faceting expertise on cutting Diaspore was a valuable asset to him.

Murat asked me about continuing to facet the “untrade named” diaspore for him and I said I would be delighted. At the time he was looking for financial backers to help in the expansion and marketing of this gemstone and at that point became partners with a backer from Fort Lauderdale Florida and “Zultanite® Gems LLC” was formed.

The Floridian backer was the person I did most of my cutting for, for Murat and Murat concentrated on the opening up and upgrading of the new mining operation in Turkey along with the promotion of the Zultanite® and getting the gemstone rough to the people involved with faceting it. The Floridian partners concern was financing the marketing here in the USA and promoting the new gemstone by creating the website zultanite.com They did work together on this as Murat would concentrate on foreign distribution and getting commercial cutting involved and creating connections with different trade magazines for the promotion of the new gemstone Zultanite®.

Murat would send the best rough to his partner or to me directly or one of the other cutters involved and I would cut the stones and send them to the partner in Florida and he would pay me for my work. During this time between 2006 and from this point on, the company added several people to its sales force here in the USA and the campaign to promote “Zultanite®” and Zultanite® Gems LLC was on in force, being seen in many magazines and trade publications along with a gemstone tour around the county to promote this new gemstone “Zultanite®” on several home shopping networks.

Very well known jewelry designers were contacted and given stones to work with in the preceding years and Zultanite® and Zultanite® Gems LLC took off in the gemstone trade and jewelry market while Murat kept the mining operation ever expanding.

Since the diaspore was found in veins within a bauxite deposit he started marketing the bauxite and exporting the ore to the aluminum industry to help cover the cost of the expanding operation. During this time I was privileged on working with some of the largest crystals to have come out of the mine and was able to have several of the stones that I cut win AGTA Spectrum “Cutting Edge” awards over the years for Zultanite® Gems LLC.

The first Big Zultanite® stone to come from me became the first “World’s Largest Zultanite®” the 80 carat oval I faceted which won an AGTA award in 2008 under “Phenomenal Gemstones”, this stone is in the Winter of 2009 publication of the GIA Alumni magazine “The Loupe” which was recognizing GIA alumni members that won AGTA Spectrum Awards of which I’m an alumni. Then in 2011 I won another award for an 11 carat modified square princess cut Zultanite® for the company.

Zultanit 80caratoval-1024x680.jpg

The 80 carat Oval that won a AGTA Spectrum Awards “Cutting Edge” award under “Phenomenal Gemstones” at one point it was the worlds largest Zultanite® to come from Zultanite® Gems LLC, this is under incandescent light. (Csarite™ which is a recent New Trade Mark name by the mine owner Murat Akgun in Turkey) the photo was taken by Robert Weldon for Zultanite® Gems LLC at the time.

Zultanit 80caratoval2-1024x680.jpg

The 80 carat Oval that won a AGTA Spectrum Awards “Cutting Edge” award under “Phenomenal Gemstones” at one point it was the worlds largest Zultanite® to come from Zultanite® Gems LLC, this is under incandescent light. (Csarite™ which is a recent New Trade Mark name by the mine owner Murat Akgun in Turkey) the photo was taken by Robert Weldon for Zultanite® Gems LLC at the time.

In early 2009 I was contacted by Murat directly and received an exceptional large diaspore crystal, it had recently come out of the mine and I took my time examining the crystal and planned out the potential stones to come from it. After several months I finally got to working on this crystal and was able to get a 96 carat shield shape out of it, I named it the “Sultans Shield” and it became the newly crowned “Worlds Largest Zultanite®”.

Sometime afterwards, after I returned the stone to Murat and quite sometime latter, it along with one matched pair of pear shapes and an large oval were given to Stephen Webster of London for the creation of a jewelry ensemble with the 96 carat Sultans Shield Zultanite® as the main attraction in a “Shooting Star” motif necklace, along with a matched pair of earrings and a fabulous ring in the same motif (you can view them in the link at the end of this report below) of which the Zultanite’s in the ring and earrings where “not” faceted by me but I believe they where stones faceted by Rudi & Ralph Wobito of Canada, who where also involved with many faceted Zultanite® stones coming from them and their very fancy and clever “Snow Flake” cut, a part faceted and carved designed stone resembling a snow flake. This ensemble is valued at over $1.5 million dollars with the 96 carat Sultans Shield Zultanite® coming in at over a cool $1 million dollars just for the stone I faceted, though I did not know at the time it would become so valuable.

Zultanit sultan1.jpg

Stephen Kotlowski of Uniquely K Custom Gem’s / Phenomenal Facets, was commissioned to cut the world’s largest Zultanite® gem. The 96.20 ct. “Sultans Shield” Kotlowski cut for the mine owner from Turkey and Zultanite® Gems LLC in Fort Lauderdale FL. The jewelry designer Stephen Webster of London just revealed his creation in an exclusive showing in Las Vegas to a select group of people in the trade. Great Job Stephen! For more images and information, check out Phenomenal Facets on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Phenomenal-Facets-140630319318203/

Right around this time is when the partnership soured along with other players in this company. This was the beginning of the end of the partners and ownership of Zultanite® Gems LLC by Murat. There was a legal battle and finally a settlement was made with the bulk of the inventory and the Zultanite® trade name and Zultanite® Gems LLC name going to the partner in Florida, since it was legally created and registered here by this partner.

Murat had to give up all rights to the Zultanite® trade name in the settlement leaving Murat out millions of dollars of inventory and having to restructure his business and loosing all of his hard work and money in all of the publications and advertising he had created with the Zultanite® trade name over the years. Since the lawsuit and settlement Murat had to come up with a new name to replace the Zultanite® name and he came up with the newly registered gemstone trade name of “Csarit™”. This all took quite some time to go through and now the two parties are working together, supporting each other’s business.

So this is the story behind this wonderful color changing gemstone and mineral Diaspore and my background on it. Now you know the reason for the different gemstone trade names for “Turkish Color Change Diaspore”. Just recognize it as a “rare” truly outstanding color changing gemstone desired by people and designers all around the world and how it has risen from being a “fungus” sounding named mineral Diaspore, to Zultanite® “A Royal Gemstone” of the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire of Turkey and now with the mine owner a new name called Csarite™ pronounced sar-ite, like the Tsar’s of Russia! A Royal Gem indeed!

About Lisa Rosen
https://www.gemsociety.org/author/editor/