Mother Goose

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

kjsspot

Re: Mother Goose

Post by kjsspot »

Totally adore that you have a house goose. lol You need to go watch Friends reruns now.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I thought they had a duck and a monkey on Friends and I don't remember any goose.

Chris, that's awful that you lost your goose that way when you were a kid. That's hard enough on an adult, much less a kid.

Coons broke into the coop and got the female one of the 2 ducks I had hatched over winter in the styro cooler on my kitchen counter, and it's always worse when something like that happens to a favored pet.

I put the pink tutu on Lucy yesterday, but can't get the crown to sit on her head so I'll have to try to get a shot of that one when I figure out how to get the crown to stay on. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Ya, but it was a house duck. :)
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I loved the duck, but found it interesting that it didn't wear diapers so maybe they starved it for hours before putting in on the set, and even then they probably had to do a few cleanups. :lol:

We had quite a squall blow thru with multiple lightning strikes close enough that the ducks and Lucy went running down the hill, and then, in the middle of it when I got up to see if they had gone into the coop, I found Lucy in the tub taking a bath, while the others were hunkered down from the pelting rain. You can see how hard it was coming down against the black tub.
P1014336.JPG

I only just added this larger tub 2 days ago, thinking Lucy's tall enough to get in and out of it easily, and apparently she loves it. :D

I'm thinking of changing her name to nibbles, because she nibbles on everything in here, and she pulled the plug out to my internet connection again last night, plus she kept pulling on my keyboard cord until I finally blocked off the wires, but it's too late because she did some damage that's causing my computer to not recognize the USB connection to it, so I can type intermittently. :roll:

Ah, the joys of having a wild animal in the house. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Geese are extremely intelligent, and also very protective and loyal.
You won't need a guard dog once she gets big enough to chase off intruders!
I had a t-shirt with a picture of a big mac on it when I was a kid and I remember the goose trying to nibble at the lettuce in the picture every time I wore that shirt....LOL

My mother (God rest her soul) used to always tell the story of when I was at school one day and Charlie the goose got out of his pen and waddled up the street, and some person who lived up the street knocked on the front door and when my mother answered the door, the neighbor said "Hey lady, your goose is loose"...LOL

She always told that story, I guess it really struck her funny :)