Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

crazy8s

Re: Hot!

Post by crazy8s »

I'll let you know tomorrow.
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

The. little coffee tree is doing great in my shade house, it's hanging around with the small group of orchids.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm so glad it's doing well 8's. We're cooler today at 85, and with the humidity gone it's delightful out there. It's exactly how you want every summer day to be and I'm enjoying the heck out of it! :!:

*edit

Here are the other 10 coffee plants. :)
ArabicaCoffeeYearPlusOld.JPG
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Yours look a whole lot better, but then they weren't in a hot mailbox along the road. :lol:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yes, that's why I was worried about yours. The poor thing was put into the box twice, but Steve never took it to the post office after 2 days the first time I gave it to him so I removed it and set it out for almost another week so it would recover. Then when I knew he was going out again I reluctantly gave it to him knowing it would have to spend an extra day in transit because the weekend was involved. Most mail-order nurseries won't even guarantee they'll arrive alive because they're so sensitive, so I'm glad yours made it, and it should thrive now that it's in your shade house. These are already in 9½" pots, and I figure yours probably looks like the smallest one in the bottom left hand corner since I sent you one about the same size while they were still in the smallest pots. Mine took off very nicely after I repotted them in organic soil. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Coffee trees are supposed to make great bonsai trees
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

I repotted the little guy today after seeing yours. I put it in a peat perlite mix and added a little slow release fertilizer. I know not what you would do, it should do well. :D
jim

Post by jim »

Yea its actually easy to let the heat work. Just untie a door that I've got held open.
The heat is unreal. We are in the 5th day of 100 or higher temps. I was driving in Jackson earlier. All the construction going on was shut down. There is very little air movement until later in the day. :oops:
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

In the mid 80's we lived about 150miles farther north from where we are now and had 30 days of 100 degrees or more. And a winter with 30 days straight of tule fog. It wasn't much fun. Today is overcast with very mild temps, at 3pm it's maybe 80 degrees very strange for this time of year. :shock: :? We will be back to the high 90's very soon.
With your humidity Jim I bet the heat is even worse, yuk.
jim

Post by jim »

The humidity ..thank God... is low because of the high pressure we are in...