One year anniversary, life is good

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

KKHK

One year anniversary, life is good

Post by KKHK »

ImageEnjoy life by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
Its been a year, since I got the opportunity to work on this long-term project, and rewards have come in countless ways.

In October last year, I first arrived at this sight
ImageLong way inside by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Slowly, I/we changed things
ImageLong way by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Just like the place itself, there is no hurry, and eventually it became habitable and a second home away from home,....
Imageflag by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
Cant imagine a better setting for breakfast or dinners. Quiet, surrounded by nature, and away from daily distractions and gadgets.

Night falls quickly and early here in the tropics, so bed-time at 7:30 to 8pm is the norm when without companions (besides the dogs of course).
Something simply unthinkable back down at home. With ten hour naps, while windows and doors are open, its become a weekly source of physical exercise followed by good food, clean untreated water and undisturbed sleep.
Imageearly night by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Far from finished, right now, I'm producing concrete blocks to form a center core for a water-tank (collecting water from the roof)
Imagestart Watertank by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
So, carrying 50 to 70 pounds of things up, for 2 to 2.5 hours, continues and ensues that one treasures everything that one has availeable once up there. :) :)

Hiding rubble and other things that I did not wanted to carry down, I created a flowerbed. Actually, just dug up some shrubs to replant here, put in some chilli as well as mint, just yesterday. Will see if they survive in the coming weeks.
Imageseats by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Its not for everyone, temperatures and the walk itself can be a bit much for some.
Had visitors from Austria last month, and while he is a fireman, and should be in good shape..........
Any respite and water-source was highly valued.... :) :)
ImageCooling down by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

But regardless, to me the physical workout, and creating something with your hand for a change outweigh any perceived burden that a project like this brings with it. AND picture opportunities are an added plus.

This place is called "Sunset Peak"
ImageSunset September by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
and is an important source of water for the villages down below
ImageHong KongHideaway by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

I find "Sunrises" most mesmerizing
ImageAugut sunrise 1 by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
ImageLate August Sunrise Hong Kong by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr
ImageRare occurance by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Who could argue against the sight of fields in shimmering silver and white
ImageSilver and white by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

AND on very rare occasions getting images like this......
Imagebpe August 29 2017 by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

Or, just 2 days ago getting this picture looking like one is at impossible places.....
ImageStrathosphere by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

So, the journey continues, and with any luck the pictures will improve. Awaiting delivery of binoculars and another with just one sight; both with attachments for the phone. That should change perspective and clarity of pictures. :) :)
PinkDiamond

Re: One year anniversary, life is good

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, Kurt, it's hard to believe you've been trekking up there for a year already, but it sure looks like you've been working on the place for a long time since it has come so far since those first pics. You must be in awesome shape to be carrying the loads you do up the mountain, and my hat's off to you for your thoughtful designs and space saving ideas you've put together. I'm with you that you can't beat the quiet and solitude, but someone like Steve would go nuts up there alone, so more power to you for being comfortable enough with yourself to be able to enjoy it so much. Can't wait to hear how the water collection goes, and see pics thru the new lenses. Thanks so much for the beautiful views and the update, and keep up the good work! :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Great shots :!: The place looks like a getaway. :lol: 8-)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

What a wonderful journey you've been on this past year!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt