Best Opal Ring ! JCK magazine’s 2015 Jewelers’ Choice Awards -- Best Ring Design...

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

OpalSpectrum

Best Opal Ring ! JCK magazine’s 2015 Jewelers’ Choice Awards -- Best Ring Design...

Post by OpalSpectrum »

Just check this black opal ring :shock: :shock:
I think it's the best opal ring I ever saw
the design is so AMAZING I don't know what to say :o

''...In March, JCK and W magazines honored Nagpal, a GIA Graduate Gemologist, for the ring, which features a 4.33-carat (ct.) Lightning Ridge black opal, 0.46 cts. of green tsavorite garnets, 0.24 cts. of blue sapphires and 0.42 cts. of diamonds. JCK bestowed Nagpal with the grand prize and “Best Ring Design Over $10,000” in its Jewelers’ Choice Awards, as well as putting the ring on the cover of the magazine’s March 2015 issue. W pronounced him as the winner of its 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards...''

http://www.gia.edu/gia-alumni/gemologis ... rade-media

8-)

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
Lydia

Re: Best Opal Ring ! JCK magazine’s 2015 Jewelers’ Choice Awards -- Best Ring Design...

Post by Lydia »

The opal is stunning, but I personally don't care for the setting.
crazy8s

Re: Best Opal Ring ! JCK magazine’s 2015 Jewelers’ Choice Awards -- Best Ring Design...

Post by crazy8s »

It certainly is beautiful :!: I didn't expect to like it with the list of additional stones, he did a great job. :lol:
OpalFace

Post by OpalFace »

Gorgeous ring for sure...
jim

Post by jim »

Too gaudy!!
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

I don't think it's too gaudy ..I like simple jewelry too and I would not wear something like that :) but it's not about the 'taste' but about the design
all the gemstones and diamonds were not used to increase the value .. it was done to accent the beauty of the opal in the center
and this setting works perfectly in my opinion - the colors matching and the 'balance' is amazing - very tasty and even quite subtle

... I found that opal jewelry is 1 of the 'hardest' to design
because it should be simple and the opal should be the main focus -- but how to create something new unique if you can't really design too much ?
you don't want to make every design the same ... and this is great example of what the design is about and how the jewelry should be made
the 'ring design' is very simple (nothing new or fancy) , the opal play the main role , the ring is unique and it's beautiful
everything in this design was thought out very well that is why for me it's 1 of the best opal rings I've ever seen :geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

I don't care for the separation of color between the green & blue. But it's a pretty nit picky kind of not like. Overall it's still a gorgeous ring.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt