Most Consumers Don’t Wear a Watch Daily, Survey Finds

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I hadn't really thought about the number of people wearing watches vs the number who don't, since most people I've ever known do wear them, but even I only wear one if I have to go somewhere, and Steve hasn't worn one since his Breitling quit working years ago, and he never even read the instructions for the diving watch I got him 2 years ago for Christmas. That's why I took it away from where he set it on the floor, after over a month of it collecting dust, and he never noticed! :evil: The problem there is, he needs a watch because time gets away from him, but I don't, so mine sit - which reminds me :idea: I need to pull the stems and not waste the batteries :!: , but that's beside the point. :lol:

It made me curious to know if most of you wear watches or not, since neither of us do anymore, so I hope you'll let us know just for fun. Here's the story. :)

September 12, 2017 by Rob Bates

"Less than half of consumers wear watches on a daily basis, according to the Consumer Watch Report recently released by the NPD Group and CivicScience.

The survey found that 32 percent of consumers currently wear watches every day. Baby boomers have the highest rate of daily watch wear, it found.

By contrast, millennials tend not to be regular watch wearers, though they will sport timepieces occasionally, as they are interested in fashion. They tend to gravitate toward ... "

http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-arti ... -334329457
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: Most Consumers Don’t Wear a Watch Daily, Survey Finds

Post by crazy8s »

Haven't worn one in years. :D
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Before I switched to teaching ten years ago, I always worked with people (hospitality and tourism).
One of the worst thing one can do in those industries/capacities, is looking at a watch when one gets impatient, and with that, I stopped wearing watches basically as soon as I entered the workforce.

Today, we are surrounded by so many gadgets, that wearing a watch has become a pure fashion-statement, rather than a necessity. If I need the time, I usually use my phone, but I guess would have at least 3-5 options at nearly any given time.
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

I no longer wear a watch. The time is embedded in so many devices these days. Computer monitor, telephone, smart phone, even the coffee maker and radiant floor control.