Daylight visitor

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

rocks2dust

Daylight visitor

Post by rocks2dust »

Had this guy (assuming it's a guy, since he was fairly small) visit in late afternoon. I know that Great Horned Owls sometimes hunt on the ground, but had never observed it before. A fairly agile walker, and fun to watch outside the living room windows. He was probably hunting lizards or gophers out there. Eventually flew off, but suspect he's the owl who has been around all summer at night (kitty is kept inside, so safe).
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
PinkDiamond

Re: Daylight visitor

Post by PinkDiamond »

Ohhh, he's a real beauty, and what a treat to get to see him right out your own window! Thanks so much for sharing him with us since owls are really a favorite of mine, and I love it when they're outside hooting at night. It always makes me smile when I hear one, and especially when there's more than one out there and they're exchanging volleys. (☼⌂☼) :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

Can I borrow him? This guy has taunted my dogs all summer. :lol:

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Amazing bird :!:
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

Rockranger1 wrote:Can I borrow him? This guy has taunted my dogs all summer. :lol:
If he comes round again, I'll point him your direction. Getting smoky here. Pacific air that blew the BC smoke blew away made some lightning that started some fires of our own, so he may want to go south a bit for a breather.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Owls are impressive birds! And when you see a random rabbit foot on the ground (like I often do at work) you realize that they are also impressive predators! Glad kitty is safe.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

rocks2dust wrote:
Rockranger1 wrote:Can I borrow him? This guy has taunted my dogs all summer. :lol:
If he comes round again, I'll point him your direction. Getting smoky here. Pacific air that blew the BC smoke blew away made some lightning that started some fires of our own, so he may want to go south a bit for a breather.

That smoke is a nuisance this year, just hangs there. This was the sky last week. Disturbance moved in fri and blew it away for now.
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

We were socked in with the smoke from the forest fires for about two weeks. Sorry to send it your way RR. It's been a tough summer.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Oh, bummer, so sorry to hear y'all have been having to deal with that. I sure hope they can get all the fires put out soon, and hope they stayed far enough away from y'all that you didn't have to worry about losing your property. Looks like a breather mask is in order. :o
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

Lydia wrote:We were socked in with the smoke from the forest fires for about two weeks. Sorry to send it your way RR. It's been a tough summer.
No dought, you should be sorry, lol! One hell of a battle this year for you all. Seen a lot of pics coming out of there from friends and family. I heard today 4 fires combined into one massive blaze west of Quesnel. I think this summer is gonna burn until the snow or the rainy season starts before they get a handle on them.