The confused rooster

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

gingerkid

The confused rooster

Post by gingerkid »

Earlier this year, Rick and I spotted this rooster at our bank that was headed over to Zaxby's. We think he was a bit confused going to Zaxby's. I think that's the last place I would want to go if I were a rooster. :lol: Well, there's Kentucky Fried Chicken that he may want to avoid, too. :lol:

The teller at our bank said the rooster had been hanging out around the bank for a couple of weeks.

We didn't see the rooster again, and I hope his owner found him or Animal Control found his owner. :)

rooster at bank heading over to zaxbys_20150213_172800.jpg

Rooster in bank parking lot headed over to Zaxby's

rooster at zaxbys_20150213_172907-1.jpg

Rooster at Zaxby's drive-in (by the tree)
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
Lydia

Re: The confused rooster

Post by Lydia »

I had to Google Zaxby's to get it.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

:lol: Oh, that is hilarious! Maybe he was walking past Zaxby's thinking, 'hahaha, ya can't catch me', and flaunting the fact that he's not on someone's plate; or maybe he was picketing Zaxby's and telling people to head over to the Golden Arches and eat beef. Only problem is that mystery meat they were exposed selling, so when they get there they're going to be asking, 'where's the beef?' :mrgreen:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

:lol: Pink! I'm glad y'all enjoyed the rooster.

Lydia wrote:I had to Google Zaxby's to get it.

oops, my apologies, Lydia. :oops:

From wikipedia:

"Zaxby's is a franchised chain of fast casual restaurants offering chicken wings, chicken fingers, sandwiches, and salads. The company operates primarily in the Southeastern United States with more than 600 locations."

Zaxby's headquarters is based in Athens, GA, USA, home of the University of GA Bulldogs. GO Dawgs!
~ Jan ~

Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

No worries GK, we just don't have that chain in Canada, so I really didn't get it. The KFC reference made sense though.
opalcutter

Post by opalcutter »

Not in Ireland either but we do have KFC. Would you believe, chicken is the one thing I am allergic to (and turkey but they are just big chickens) :shock:
Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense.
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

Oh wow, can you eat chicken, OC, or are you allergic to their feathers, or both?

I think KFC was purchased by China. I think they also own Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, too.
~ Jan ~

Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

gingerkid wrote:I think KFC was purchased by China. I think they also own Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, too.

Well now, isn't that craptastic. They should be required to have flashing neon signs out front that say, 'Now owned by China; Eat Here At Your Own Risk'. :?

opalcutter wrote:Would you believe, chicken is the one thing I am allergic to (and turkey but they are just big chickens) :shock:

Considering the fact that commercial chicken feed is laced with strychnine, and their slaughtered carcasses are thrown into an arsenic bath, that's not necessarily a bad thing if you're allergic to fowl.

On the other hand, since it could be the strychnine and/or arsenic that's causing the allergy, so it is possible that you might be able to eat organic free-range chicken.

I find it ironic that although my mother is allergic to chicken eggs, I can usually eat them, but am allergic to the eggs from the ducks I love so much. Figures, doesn't it?! I put them out for the crows. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

That is really weird. lol
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt