The confused rooster

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

opalcutter

Re: The confused rooster

Post by opalcutter »

I can touch them, play with them and even cook them, within reason, just not eat them. Its a great way to find out who uses chicken stock in their vegetable soup..... Sometimes I get a reaction from food cooked in the same oil that chicken has been cooked in. I don't do KFC even for fries.... Eggs for some reason do not bother me.. I can do duck though. We all seem to have allergies these days, how did our ancestors survive.
Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense.
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

Can you eat turkey, OC?

I have not heard of anyone being allergic to chicken before. My brother and I were allergic to chicken and duck feathers, dogs/cats (dander), trees/plants (pollen) and had some food allergies such as milk, chocolate, and items that contained yeast. No bread or fried foods.

My dad said he caught me when I was about 3 rolling up bread and hiding it in the house. :lol:
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
GeorgeSharen

Post by GeorgeSharen »

ginge loved your quote from boyd crowder and I think you were entirely "justified" :lol:
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

GeorgeSharen wrote:ginge loved your quote from boyd crowder and I think you were entirely "justified" :lol:

:lol:

Hey, George! :)
Did you watch Justified? I sure do miss it, and Boyd Crowder, and wish they would start showing reruns of the show. :lol: Boyd had a way with words.
~ Jan ~

Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
GeorgeSharen

Post by GeorgeSharen »

let's see Yup .....Yup .... And Yup :lol:
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

:lol: George!

George, I got tickled at this line from Boyd when Raylan asked Boyd to go undercover. You know how Boyd wore his shirts buttoned up to the top, and a nice jacket?

"No, I look good wearing - a lot of things, but a wire ain't one of them."

:lol:

ETA: George, did they show the Longmire series in Canada? I enjoyed watching it, too, but they took it off the air. If they show it there, please watch it because it is a great show.

I read that the will continue the Longmire series on Netflix. I sure wish we had Netflix.
~ Jan ~

Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

gingerkid wrote:My dad said he caught me when I was about 3 rolling up bread and hiding it in the house. :lol:

I've always been such a picky eater that at the tender age of 4 years old, they put me on pills to stimulate my appetite. It didn't work, and to this day I'm a whole size 2, which some people think isn't even an adult size, which is kind of true since I can fit into a girls' size 16/large, which saves money because the same labels make clothes for both, and the girls' clothes are always a few dollars less, but you hiding the bread reminded me that they would make me sit there at the table until my plate was clean, so eventually everyone would disburse to other rooms and I'd be sitting there alone chewing on meat that made me gag, so I'd chew all the juice out of it, roll it up and stash it behind the books on the bookcase. And then one day my mother decided it was time to pull all the books and clean the shelf, where she found innumerable little green pieces of moldy meat. They pretty much gave up after that. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

:lol: Can only imagine the look on your mom's face when she cleaned the bookshelves, Pink!
~ Jan ~

Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
GeorgeSharen

Post by GeorgeSharen »

yup just finished season 3 on netflix ... got the feeling he was going rogue Netflix is only like $8 a month
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Aren't ALL roosters confused?