Elizabeth Moore’s Fairy Dust Enchants With Emeralds

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Now these emeralds have the gorgeous color I love and I would take any or all of these if I could, so I'm delighted to find this one for our May babies and emerald lovers. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | May 03, 2024

"I love an emerald, which is good, since my birthday falls at the end of May. I didn’t always feel like that: My limited early experience with my birthstone was painted with boring jewelry set in a way that didn’t help me appreciate the beauty of this gem.

Nearly two decades in the jewelry industry has shifted my perspective, and I’ve been spoiled with views of the most beautiful emerald jewels. I’ve seen designers treat emeralds with such care—a reverie of green that’s far from the dull pieces I remember as a kid. (I’m aware that, being kids’ jewelry in the ’90s, my “emeralds” may not have been emeralds at all, and if legitimate, they were completely unremarkable at best.)

But let’s put all that talk of blah-looking emeralds aside, because you won’t find any of them here. New York–based jewelry designer Elizabeth Moore recently debuted a collection of jewels dusted with emeralds—appropriately named Fairy Dust—and I am completely enchanted.

Fairy Dust pendant in 18k yellow gold with pear-shape emerald and 0.09 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,200

“My love affair with emeralds was destined from the start,” Moore tells JCK. “As a May baby, I of course have a natural affinity towards my birthstone. Even more so, I was born and raised in North Carolina, where emeralds reign supreme. My mother and her friends all adorned themselves with emeralds, and it was the first stone I became aware of after diamonds.”

The emeralds mark a departure from Moore’s usual gold and diamond offerings—colored gemstone pieces just peek out here and there within her rich array of satiny styles.

“I typically don’t design with a lot of colored stones, but when I created the Fairy Dust collection I knew it needed an extra-magical touch,” she says. “I love the luxurious mystique of emeralds, and when paired with the 18k yellow gold they really dazzle. Though emeralds are usually paired with a high-shine finish, I love the way the satin finish I use also gives them a not-too-precious feel, even though they really are in every way.”

Horizon ring in 18k yellow gold with rectangle emerald, $1,750

If you, like me, can’t get enough of these, there’s good news: ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... airy-dust/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)