Amanda’s Style File: All Eyes on Emeralds

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm pleased to have found an article on emeralds for our May babies and emerald lovers already on the first day of May, and I'll say right off the bat that the Zambian emeralds in the lead pic do nothing for me color-wise, plus I'm not really into cabs and almost never choose them. For me, I find I don't care for emeralds colored by vanadium, while Colombian emeralds colored by chromium enchant me with their gorgeous color, so from the excellent slideshow in this one I chose 4 items with the color emeralds I like which I'm showing you below, and you'll need to use the link to see the rest of the items which are quite a few in number, and all are gorgeous depending on the shade of green you're looking for so check these out. 8-)

These 18-karat gold and diamond earrings set with emeralds from Zambia are one of 20 pieces of jewelry featured in this Amanda’s Style File, which celebrates May’s beloved birthstone.

"Spring is in full bloom and the bare trees and brown meadows are turning bright green once again.

At this important time of renewal for Mother Nature, green is a symbol of fresh beginnings.

It comes as no surprise that the color green is seen as having a positive effect on human psychology and emotions as well.

The king and queen of beryls—and all green gemstones, really—is the emerald.

Beloved for centuries, emeralds are also the birthstone for those born in May.

The jewelry selects in this Style File show the range of jewelry styles that emeralds shine bright in. They can be set in yellow gold or platinum, be cabochon or faceted, fancy or less formal.

One thing is for sure, all eyes are on emeralds this month! ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... n-emeralds
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)