Piece of the Week: Jacquie Aiche’s Starry Galaxy Necklace

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a great choice for piece of the week for us since there's opal in this one along with other gemstones. There's a sub-link at the end of the article to see more of her work that you'll need to use the link to access. I don't know about you but I'm loving this one. 8-)

acquie Aiche’s “Starry Galaxy” inlay necklace with onyx, opal, and pavé diamonds, set in 14-karat yellow gold. ($10,040)

"Who doesn’t enjoy staring up into a sky filled with stars?

With Jacquie Aiche’s “Starry Galaxy” necklace, you don’t have to look very far.

Set in 14-karat yellow gold, the necklace is made of opal inlayed in onyx with a border of pavé diamonds.

Six sparkling diamond stars are also placed in the onyx sky.

The pendant design is akin to a painting of the galaxy, using gemstones rather than paint.

“Our ‘Starry Galaxy’ necklace is all about finding beauty in contrast,” said designer Jacquie Aiche.

“When the sky is at its darkest, we can really see the stars shine. It’s a beautiful lesson—the darker times that we go through allow us to have a deeper appreciation for all of the light we experience.”

Aiche creates her pieces with intention, each one meant to be more than just fine jewelry.

They are incredibly personal and sacred amulets, said the brand.

While gemstones look beautiful, they are also believed to have metaphysical properties.

“Onyx is a powerful protection stone and opal is known to inspire creative energy and happiness. Together, they create a healing talisman that has the power to lighten up the darkest days,” said Aiche.

The "Starry Galaxy" piece is featured in Aiche’s “Rebel Heart” campaign, which stars the famous couple, musician Adam Levine and supermodel Behati Prinsloo. It’s a collection of pieces designed for the rebels, loves, and wild ones, said the brand.

The necklace is also available in ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... y-necklace
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Piece of the Week: Jacquie Aiche’s Starry Galaxy Necklace

Post by SwordfishMining »

That gave an idea for the tiny Ethiopian shaped nodules. Set them in black epoxy protruding and then polish them off flat to the middles and they would have "arms". almost the same concept as inlay, but would keep the obviously natural & not a lab crush look. Maybe you'd have to be here. LOL Id want to use psilomelane too, but im not fueling a market.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"