JCK Jewelry Agenda: Week of April 28

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

First up is JCK's Jewelry Agenda for this week, and I love the color of the periwinkle blue chalcedony pendant. The seed bead earrings are lovely, but I must say my sister in Albuquerque got so good at making them that the Native Americans who didn't want to sit there beading their own pieces bought regularly from her, which I found pretty remarkable. She even made me a beaded hatband for my black Stetson that's gorgeous, of course being done in pink beads. Here's this week's agenda. ;)

By Amy Elliott | April 25, 2024

"The April showers are showing themselves out, and the merry month of May is upon us: This week you can walk among watches in NYC, Dress Up in Boston, and bid online on Bulgari, Boucheron, and beyond.

ATTEND

One of a Kind Spring Show + Sale Chicago: through April 28 (in person)

Temple necklace in 14k green gold with 15.12 ct. periwinkle blue chalcedony cabochon, $3,075; Judi Powers Jewelry

Hurry, Chicagoans—you only have until 5 p.m. to attend the last day of this shopping event featuring more than 350 artists and makers of unique, handmade goods. Located on the seventh floor of the Merchandise Mart, the fair includes JCK editor favorite Judi Powers among its jewelry exhibitors. Buy tickets here or at the door.

Madison Avenue Watch Week in NYC: April 30–May 4 (in person)

Traditionnelle Perpetual Calendar Chronograph 43 mm platinum, price on request; Vacheron Constantin

On Tuesday begins the 10th annual edition of Madison Avenue Watch Week, an event that welcomes watch enthusiasts and collectors to attend master classes, workshops, and expert panel discussions while visiting (and shopping) the NYC locations of premier watchmakers. Participants include A. Lange & Sohne, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Panerai, and other beloved watch brands and boutiques. Not to be missed: the Madison Avenue Watch Walk ,on May 2 at 9 a.m. (meet at the 1916 Co.). Register here.

“Dress Up” Exhibition at Boston’s MFA: through Sept. 2 (in person)

All My Ancestors Are Watching earrings, 2022, in brass and glass seed beads (delica, size 15), by Tiffany Vanderhoop (Aquinnah Wampanoag and Haida, b. 1982); Textile Curator’s Fund (photo: © Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)

A buzzy new fashion exhibition has just opened at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston: “Dress Up” features incredible gowns and accessories, including a number of must-see baubles by Elsa Peretti, Verdura, and other iconic jewelers. One of particular note: the Aviary Classic Ring (2023) by Of Rare Origin, a version of which was worn by poet Amanda Gorman at the 2021 presidential inauguration. The exhibition was coproduced by jewelry curator extraordinaire Emily Stoehrer (in 2002, she was a guest on The Jewelry District podcast, one of our favorite episodes).

BID

Sotheby’s Iconic Jewels: Her Sense of Style auction: May 2–16 (online)

René Boivin Feuilles sapphire and diamond demi-parure, circa 1955; estimate $32,826–$54,710 (photo courtesy of Sotheby’s)

Online bidding for this Sotheby’s sale starts this week, and it’s a big one from a single owner in possession of incredible jewelry by Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Bulgari, Boucheron, Chaumet, David Webb, Mauboussin, Marina B, Sterlé, and Mellerio dits Meller. The online auction presents over 200 jewels; of these, the most outstanding lots—46 in all—will be part of the Magnificent Jewels live sale in Geneva on ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... k-april-28
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)