Lucapa Sells 3 Diamonds for $10.5M in First Lulo Tender of 2024

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Lucapa dug up some nice little icebergs from their earthen home in Angola which they then sold for a hefty chunk of cash. More power to them! I hope they find a lot more. 8-)

In the first tender of the year of Lulo diamonds, three diamonds totaling 361 carats sold for $10.5 million. The Type IIa diamonds weigh, from left to right, 203 carats, 116 carats, and 42 carats.

"Subiaco, Western Australia—Three diamonds from the Lulo alluvial mine in Angola garnered $10.5 million at tender, mining company Lucapa announced Monday.

The Type IIa diamonds weighed 203 carats, 116 carats and 42 carats.

The parcel averaged a $29,000 per carat price, which Lucapa CEO and managing director Nick Selby called “further proof that the high-end sector of the diamond market continues to be buoyant.”

The 203-carat diamond achieved the highest price out of the parcel.

The companies that operate the mine— Australian miner Lucapa Diamond Company Ltd., private Angolan company Rosas & Petalas and state-owned Endiama E.P.—announced the diamonds were recovered from the mine in the first quarter.

Sodiam E.P., Angola’s state-owned diamond trading company, conducted the tender, which ended April 19.

“This is the first tender of Lulo diamonds for 2024, and we are pleased to see that the outstanding quality of these Type IIa diamonds has been recognized by ,,, "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... er-of-2024
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)