10 Jewels (and 1 Watch) That Make It Easy to Go Green

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm loving the insect in the lead pic which the description says is a stud earring, and the emerald and diamond Hepburn bracelet is fabulous, but I"m swooning over the Grace ring in platinum with the mint green tourmaline and diamonds. The smiley bracelet beneath is also appeals to me, not surprisingly since I use emoticons all the time, and the last three aren't my cup of tea so I left them for you to see via the link. Check these out and see if you're not enamored with the mint color tourmaline ring too, or find your own favorites. 8-)

By Victoria Gomelsky | April 17, 2024

"While we’ve timed this post on green-hued jewels to coincide with Earth Day (first observed on April 22, 1970), our paean to green could easily run tomorrow, next week, or next year.

That’s because green—in all its myriad shades, from lime to forest-colored—is perennially, perpetually in.

Green gems owe their enduring popularity to two things: First, their pleasing and diverse aesthetic range—below, check out the brilliant apple-green peridot at the heart of the Aura necklace from Fuli Gemstones, the flawless minty tourmaline in Sonya K’s Grace ring, and the Platonic green emeralds in Anita Ko’s bracelet. And second, what they stand for: chiefly, renewal, growth, and harmony with nature.

Wearing green jewels is one way to subtly signal your commitment to sustainability and environmental consciousness (that’s especially true of figural pieces, like the charming Kokoro stud earring by Cocoerow, that faithfully represent nature). But accessorizing with green gems doesn’t have to be political. Our love for the color reflects our innate appreciation for its soothing and relaxing qualities. Go green!

Chess ring in 18k gold with peridot and black and white baguette diamonds, $13,831; NeverNoT

Aura-cut necklace in 18k gold with peridot, Fuli Gemstones

Diamond Hepburn Bracelet in 18k white gold with diamonds and emerald, $18,325; Anita Ko

Tangente 38 Date Schlossgrün in 38 mm steel case, $2,310; Nomos Glashütte

Green Baby Locket in 14k yellow gold with enamel and diamonds, $3,590; Marie Lichtenberg

Grace ring in platinum with 10.23 ct. mint green tourmaline and diamonds, $38,600; Sonya K. Fine Jewelry

Emerald Smile Diamond bracelet in 18k yellow gold with gray diamonds and emeralds, $1,800; Yvonne Léon
Francesca Villa Pansy earrings

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -go-green/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)