Viltier’s New Salon Is an Elegant Mélange of Parisian and 1970s Design

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Their new boutique is in Paris, on the Left Bank, so having 4 years of French under my belt I wouldn't mind visiting this one, and they did a lovely job on it.

I have 2 things to say about this one though. First, the man's stance in the lead pic is awkward and makes him look bowlegged, like he just got off a horse. Then there are the display cases seen in the second and third pics, the latter of which is a closeup, and I can't figure out how they're made. We can see the mahogany, and they mention glass cases, but they look like they're hovering in the air above tables that are also hovering in the air, and even the closeup doesn't help me figure out why we can see daylight between the cases and the tables, and the tables and stands. Unless my eyes are deceiving me I'm stumped, but it's pretty amusing to guess how it's done. :lol:

By Karen Dybis | April 08, 2024

"Childhood friends turned business partners Thomas Montier Leboucher and Iris de La Villardière say the new Paris showroom for their brand, Viltier, is their ideal vision of a French salon—if it were mixed in a blender with their favorite 1970s style inspirations.

The boutique at 46 rue de Verneuil, on the Left Bank, is inside a former art gallery, and the Viltier duo say they took cues from that history as well as two iconic interior designers, England’s David Hicks and France’s François Catroux, to come up with the look for their flagship store.

“The most important thing that we want our clients and anyone who visits is to feel at ease,” Montier Leboucher says. “Mirroring the fundamentals of our jewelry, the space is highly luxurious and extremely refined in the materials used to create it, along with the art it showcases, but at the same time it is still welcoming.”

The Viltier salon embodies an aesthetic paying homage to timeless luxury, superior craftsmanship, and classic French elegance.

Interior designer Fanny Perrier of Studio Perrier helped create the Viltier showroom, which seems spacious thanks to white lacquered ceiling and lacquered walls. Custom mahogany wood framing on the walls serves as a design element and adds warmth and texture, Montier Leboucher says. A matching mahogany coffee table and vitrines (glass display cases) made to order by local craftspeople decorate the living room section of the boutique.

Other furniture highlights include a marble console from Porta Romana, a zebra print seat called a curule from Madeline Castaing, and a 20th-century low chair inlaid with mother-of-pearl by Alain Demachy of Galerie Bellechasse29.

To honor the space’s past as an art gallery, Montier Leboucher and de La Villardière plan to rotate the artwork in the store. For their opening, they displayed a Serge Poliakoff painting and three plates by Pablo Picasso, which were hung on the boutique’s mirrored wall. They also have two Picasso sculptures in their salon.

Viltier’s signature yellow is found on Dior Plisse couches, which were sourced from Baker Furniture and reupholstered using fabric from Pierre Frey. The curtain fabric comes from Dedar, a family-owned Lake Como business that specializes in high-end textiles.

Mahogany was used for the display cases, walls, and some furniture in Viltier’s new Left Bank
boutique.

Montier Leboucher and La Villardière got all their Picasso pieces from Ateliers Hugo, a third-generation goldsmith company that worked with Picasso during his life.

Viltier was founded in 2020. Montier Leboucher previously worked at Cartier, and La Villardière for jeweler Marie-Hélène de Taillac. Their new boutique ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... lry-salon/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)