Erin Tracy Captures the Beauty of Sunrises and Sunsets in Sol Collection

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I was hoping to see sunrises and sunsets portrayed in gold and gemstones, but no; she's just giving such descriptions for her jewels which are fine, but calling them a 'Sol' collection and comparing them to sunrises and sunsets is pretty far fetched when you see them so to my mind it's just a marketing ploy. ;)

By Karen Dybis | April 05, 2024

"Photographers define the “golden hour” as that period just after sunrise or just before sunset when the sun’s light radiates gold tones—and jeweler Erin Tracy’s latest collection takes its inspiration from those magical moments.

The Toronto-based bridal and fine jewelry designer says her Sol collection can remind people of both the promise of spring and a bright summer glow. Vibrant gemstones, sparkling chains, and celestial motifs are used in pieces that would be ideal to wear for a solar eclipse watch party, a summer wedding, or evenings dipping your toes into the lake.

“The color story [in the collection] is heavily inspired by the sky during a sunrise and sunset,” says Tracy.

“The entire collection evokes warmth and shine,” she says. “The pieces are light and airy and should contribute to an overall sense of ease and relaxation. I can see people wearing these pieces poolside but also to a backyard barbecue.”

Erin Tracy’s Blaze necklace ($1,302) features a 4 ct. citrine set in 14k yellow gold on a 16-inch chain.

Many of Tracy’s jewelry designs come from the people and places she encounters while on vacation or business trips, and two destinations in particular that she loves were important in the creation of Sol jewelry.

“Sunny Florida mornings and warm Mexican evenings were a large part of this collection,” the designer says. “We are all bundled up for winter here still in Toronto, and I love when spring hits and we can take off some layers and show off our jewelry.”

She notes: “I had been envisioning this collection for a while. Travel is a very important part of my design process, and this year I have been fortunate enough to have a few trips under my belt already.”

Tracy sought to craft pieces that would feel as appropriate worn with cutoff shorts as with a pretty sundress. “I am a lover of summer and love jewelry that you can wear all day and into night—pieces that are comfortable and light enough to have substance but still be very wearable and also easy to travel with,” she says.

The 14k gold Disc Lariat necklace ($711) shimmers like sunshine dancing on the water.

Both sunrises and sunsets are seen in the Sol collection, though Tracy says she is partial to one more than the other. “I definitely am a sunrise person. I love the idea that you have your whole day ahead of you. It feels inspiring,” she says.

She is proud of the whole collection, but three Sol pieces truly captured her heart.

“I am really in love with the Sol ring—I have a big love for ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ollection/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)