This Upcoming Sale Celebrates Haute Couture Jewels and Fashion at Its Finest

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Bonham's will have this auction on April 9th, and I thought Schiaparelli’s necklace in the first 2 shots might have had red gemstones in it, but apparently not and it's only description says it's gold and 'metal', but doesn't specify what this mystery metal might be. The Marc Bohan pendant and brooch are lovely, as are the four brooches in the next shot, but I've never seen such low pre-sale estimates as they have on these pieces. The Gianfranco Ferré brooch in the next shot is lovely, and then there's his bracelet in the last shot that both fascinates me and scares me at the same time with those points jutting out on it. It's beautiful but looks dangerous to wear so check these out and see what you think of them. I'm shocked that the pre-sale estimates on these are so low, even for the bracelet in the last shot. :!:

By Annie Davidson Watson | March 28, 2024

"On April 9, Bonhams Cornette de Saint Cyr is hosting its first dedicated haute couture auction, “1910–2010: One Hundred Years of Haute-Couture.” This special event will feature a curated selection of 530 couture lots (jewels and clothing) spanning two formats: a live auction of 280 lots on April 9, coinciding with an online auction of 250 lots from April 5 to April 15. Among the highlights are haute couture costume jewelry designs from Elsa Schiaparelli, as well as Christian Dior’s artistic directors—Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, and Gianfranco Ferré—granting exclusive access to the pinnacle of high fashion.

“Haute couture encompasses an invaluable heritage in the world of French luxury with the creation of one-off pieces of exceptional craftsmanship designed by the atelier for private clients,” said Hubert Felbacq, the head of fashion and bags at Bonhams Cornette de Saint Cyr in Paris, in a statement. “Bonhams’ first dedicated haute couture sale represents 100 years of fashion from important Gabrielle Chanel, Madeleine Vionnet, Elsa Schiaparelli, and early Cristóbal Balenciaga to Marc Bohan’s first and second collections for Christian Dior alongside a selection of rare costume jewels including a necklace from Elsa Schiaparelli’s Pagan collection and multiple jewels from Christian Dior.”

Below is a closer look at just a few of the rare haute couture costume jewels that are heading to auction.

Schiaparelli necklace (pictured at top) from the 1938 Pagan collection in gold and metal, estimate €3,000–€5,000 ($3,244–$5,407)

Marc Bohan for Christian Dior long necklace with brooch pendant and cross brooch set, estimate €400–€600 ($432–$648)

A set of four signed Yves Saint Laurent (1950s designs) and Marc Bohan (1960s designs) for Christian Dior brooches dating from 1958, 1959, 1962, and 1969, estimate €300–€500 ($324–$540)

Gianfranco Ferré for Christian Dior collection Haute Couture brooch, estimate €400–€600 ($432–$648)

Gianfranco Ferré for Christian Dior Haute Couture bracelet, estimate ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... e-couture/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)