Moved

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

Re: Moved

Post by mick »

I bumped into a mob of Roos the other day, no pics sorry, but I am glad I had the dogs on the lead. I had an inkling of where there might be some abd sure enough I found half a dozen or so, two were bigger than me. But I am fading away to a shadow, no food here. BP went down to 100/50 too low so have to tweak the pills I guess. But 8kg in 2 weeks is a bit quick. I only want to lose 15 in 12 months you see.
Tomorrow I will go and mainly buy vegies, theres no vegies down here until I grow some. Its crazy as there is one of the best 200 acre vegie farms in the world 15k away. I will go and speak to them in time. See if I can get a stall going in town on sat mornnings or something. I guess everyone drives the 25 min to town, but the one shop there that is a post office, take away food and sells grog, doesnt sell vegies unless you count the lettuce onion and beetroot tomato in a hamburger.
They say country ppl have worse health than the city, if you cant buy a bloody carrot in the town, its no wonder.

I bumped into one of the local RAAF pilot trainess having a surt the other day, just a baby really, still covered in pimples. He will graduate and fly the F35 JSF in a couple of years. A magnifiecnt all round specimen he was too. RAAF like USAF only take the best for pilots.

Vegie patch is under construction, shipping container aka shed is on its way, we are getting there slowly but no rush.

IMG_0473 [1280x768].JPG
mick

Post by mick »

Kangaroos do not like dogs... they kill them all the time, the dog never wins 1 on 1.

Roo lets the dog chase it until it is exhausted, then goes up to the dog, hugs it and crushes the life out of it.
Poor fido has run for a couple of hours and has no hope.
They like to lure them into dams and hold the dog under water and drown it.
They can alse eviscerate it with the claws on the hind legs.
So dogs and kangaroos do not mix well.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yikes mick, be careful out there with roos around that are even bigger than you. Guess you can't just let the dogs out there so you're going to have to be able to secure them when you're gone, and even make sure the roos can't get into the yard to get them. :o

The house is cute, and I hope your veggies grow well for you. That's too weird that there are no vegetables for sale in town. I guess you don't have a grocery store anywhere near, so you'll need a freezer so you can freeze things, or just buy frozen veggies so you won't have to be running to town every week. Hope you can figure out how to make it work for you so you're not starving. Even canned veggies would be better than none. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Man, be careful!! Don't want you wasting away until you float on the breeze.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks all, I went to town today, lots of frozen vegies, peeas beans corn etc. Fresh carrots, onions, some broccolia and caulis.
Its funny how your body tells you it needs certain foods.
I tweaked my pills myslef today, got my BP back up to 130-70 much better than 98/48.
I feel a lot better today.
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Good!! It pays to pay attention to what your body tells you.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm glad to hear that there are veggies there mick, and do be careful with those BP meds. I keep getting newsletter after newsletter from natural doctors and health groups saying that they keep lowering the norm for BP levels to get everyone on their meds, but now they have lowered it to dangerous levels that are killing people due to insanely low BP, and of course causing other problems for those who don't actually croak because of it. :?

I'm going to have to find one to post for y'all in the Health Tips and Tricks section, or wait until the next one comes around, which shouldn't be too long. With them prescribing these meds for younger and younger people, and their expectation that they'll be on them their entire lives, this is no longer about helping people stay healthy, but instead is about the BP cash cow they're milking for all its worth. I'll see what I can find and post it. Don't let them deceive you. It's a matter of life and death. :o
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
mick

Post by mick »

I agree, we trust these doctors but drug companies lobby, bribe, coerce doctotrs into giving people drugs to try like there were a new lolly.
mick

Post by mick »

We went for a walk today, middle of the day, through the swamp which is pretty dry, so I let them off the lead.
2 minutes later, up pops a male Roo frim his sleep. I started yelling at the bastards but after their 3 seconds of WTF was that, off we went for half an hour through the swamp.
If the Roo had not taken to the creek, I would never had got them back.
They were half a mile in front of me, I could hear them barking, I got closer and closer.
Doing a Chuck Norris in Vietnam coming out of the water, covered in leaches me.
There they were.
A Roo in the water up to its neck and two filthy dogs baying at it.
I didnt even recognise one it was so black with mud. WHen your sable colored dog turns black, its hard to recognise.
Before I could get em on the lead, off they went again. Not happy.
So I had to give them a whack which upset me a lot and lots of growls and stares and showing of teeth,then literally dragged them to the beach and threw them in the surf, twice, to wash them then draagged them home and refused to speak to them for an hour.
Its amazing, I only mentioned this threat the other day and here I was faced with it.
If the Roo had not taken tot he water, I would never had got them back.
So I need to get a couple of 20 yard leads now.
Tomorrow Just me will go for this walk again and I will get you some pics.
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Looking forward to the pics :!: No dog parks in the country? Sounds like there are many adventures to come. 8-)