Travel-Themed Jewels to Take a (Spring) Break With

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some fun pieces in this one, and the pendant in the lead pic is very cute. The next bracelet is fine, and the fly earrings are an interesting rendition of flies, but I have to question whether people like flies enough to spend so much on gold, sapphire and diamond fly earrings. :lol:

The compass pendant is lovely, but they missed an opportunity with that one by making the compass point stationary instead of making it spin. The Egyptian cuff is a work of art, but I'm not fond of how they did the eye and eyebrow. The diamond palm tree is lovely, and you're going to love the Sunrise class ring since it's the only piece with opals in it. I really like the palm tree earrings with the onyx background, but the toi et moi ring looks too big and bulky to wear comfortably; it just looks like the design would annoy me to wear it, and the plane in the next one looks like a bird with a rash to me, while the last piece is boring. :lol:

Check these out and feel free to give us your own assessment of them. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | March 20, 2024

"We’re in the midst of spring break, a time when families and college kids alike hit the road to sunny locales or far-off destinations (or just stay home).

It’s a small preview of summer, with warm weather and time off from school, and it gets us ready for the season ahead—there’s a cheer in the air that winter just can’t provide, and we’re well on our way to longer, brighter days.

As people embark on their memory-making vacations, I can’t help but think of all the travel-themed jewelry on the market, and how impactful the act of roaming can be on a creator. If we were to dress for the part we want, my travel jewelry would currently look like gemstone-dotted palm trees and golden sunrays, much like Yvonne Léon’s wanderlust-inspiring piece at top (I write this as winter has returned to where I live, fresh blooms blowing violently in the wind outside—I long for a warm beach).

But jewelry comes in all shapes and sizes, and takes inspiration from the world over. Some of the pieces pictured here speak to the means of travel—depicting an airplane, an anchor, a compass. Others zero in on something associated with a certain destination, such as a palm tree or a croissant. Others still are more abstract, created as an ode to a specific place: Verragio’s collection influenced by sacred places in Asia; Noora Shawqi’s pieces related to Japan; and Harwell Godfrey honoring Egypt through its important symbol, the fly.

These travel jewels are good to wear whether you’re traveling somewhere for spring break or avoiding the hustle and bustle and not going farther than the backyard.

Mini En Route bracelet in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, $3,740; Marlo Laz

So Fly drop huggies in 18k yellow gold with 0.13 ct. t.w. gray sapphires and 0.1 ct. t.w. diamonds, $6,500; Harwell Godfrey

Wander More compass rose pendant in 14k yellow gold with 0.35 ct. Winza sapphire, $2,699; Jen Volkodav

Egyptian Goddess winged cuff bracelet in 20k yellow gold with enamel and diamonds, price on request; Buddha Mama

French earrings in 14k yellow gold, $250 each; The Fete

Custom talisman bracelet in 18k yellow gold, price on request; Briony Raymond

Small palm tree pendant in 18k yellow gold with 0.3 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,850; Anita Ko

Sunshine class ring in 14k yellow gold with opal, turquoise, and lapis, $9,000; Jacquie Aiche

Akari choker in 18k yellow and white gold with 0.6 ct. t.w. diamonds, $7,040; Noora Shawqi

Palm Tree earrings in yellow gold with black onyx and diamonds, price on request; H. Ajoomal Fine Jewellery

Devotion toi et moi ring in 18k yellow gold with rhodolite and 0.85 ct. t.w. diamonds, $5,350; Verragio

Airplane necklace in 24k yellow gold and oxidized sterling silver with 0.06 ct. t.w. diamonds, $870; Lika Behar

Compass pendant in ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ing-break/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)