Grown Brilliance’s Lab Diamond Jewelry Emphasizes Special Cuts and Quality

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some lovely LGD pieces in this one, and the first ring has the most unique assemblage of cuts I think we've ever seen, and I'm not positive that I like it, but it sure is interesting to look at and I would love to see it being worn. The earrings with the mixed cuts below it are gorgeous, and the bracelet below them is lovely, as is the last ring. The earrings are the most impressive of these to me. :)

By Victoria Gomelsky | March 06, 2024

"On a recent video call with JCK, Akshie Jhaveri, founder and creative director of Grown Brilliance, a lab-grown diamond jewelry brand in New York, was momentarily distracted by a new 2.8 ct. diamond ring that had just emerged from the workshop.

“We created a really cool Dutch marquise ring for a beautiful couple,” Jhaveri says, referring to a marquise diamond featuring step cuts that result in a more kite-like silhouette than the traditional marquise.

Grown Brilliance recently created this custom 18k gold ring featuring a 2.8 ct. Dutch marquise lab-grown diamond and 0.66 ct. t.w. kite-shape lab-grown diamonds.

“I’m looking at it right now because it’s sitting on my desk. It was completely custom-cut for them. The client’s fiancé wanted a Dutch marquise. She told him, ‘I know it’s a very old cut, and you don’t really find it.’

“You would have to pay a huge premium to get that Dutch marquise in a mined diamond,” Jhaveri adds. “And you wouldn’t even get the quality that you’re looking for. It would probably be a little bit yellowish or lower quality. We got it literally grown and cut for this couple. Things like that, you can only do with a lab-grown diamond.”

Five years ago, when the lab diamond industry was still nascent, many growers promoted their products as eco-friendly and affordable. Today, the emphasis has shifted to the special cuts and the consistency of quality that lab-grown diamonds allow.

Those two elements are on full display in Grown Brilliance’s new high jewelry collection, introduced last June with 65 pieces. Prices range from $8,000 to $200,000, and more styles are being added to the collection.

Amsterdam earrings in 14k white gold with 10.15 cts. t.w. lab-grown diamonds, $10,000

Named after the cities Jhaveri has visited on her travels, from Amsterdam to Kyoto, the high jewelry pieces include rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces distinguished by blindingly white diamonds in special cuts, as in the London ring, which “might look like just an oval engagement ring,” she says, “but the shield-shaped diamonds that flank the oval on either side give it a truly special and royal look.”

Kyoto bracelet in 14k white gold with 45.9 cts. t.w. lab-grown diamonds, $45,000

London ring in 18k white gold with 10.18 cts. t.w. lab-grown diamonds, $36,000

Grown Brilliance’s dramatic collars include the Monaco necklace—laden with more than 157 carats of fancy-shape diamonds—whose design was inspired by the opulent halls of the royal palace of Monaco. Another is the Cusco necklace, which features more than 152 carats of diamonds and is designed to evoke the way “the beaming lights of the Plaza de Armas” in the ancient Peruvian city “dance and dazzle against the dark night to create a stunning and romantic setting,” Jhaveri says.

She also points to the consistent quality of the diamonds in Grown Brilliance’s high jewelry, which tend to fall in the D- ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... nsistency/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)