John Kennedy to Retire After Three Decades With JSA

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I wasn't sure I was going to post this one for you, but the JSA has been around for over 125 years, and during that time they have only had 4 presidents, which I thought was very impressive, and Mr Kennedy's retirement means they're going to be looking for a replacement so if any of you think you or someone you know is qualified you should submit their names. ;)

After 32 years of service, John Kennedy will be stepping down as president of the Jewelers’ Security Alliance at the end of 2024. The search for his successor is underway.

"New York—Jewelers’ Security Alliance President John Kennedy announced he will retire at the end of this year.

Kennedy, an attorney, has served as president of the organization for 32 years.

He joined the association in 1992 following his time as assistant commissioner of the New York City Department of Investigation, as well as other previous positions in government, academia, and a nonprofit organization.

“JSA has never been stronger,” Kennedy said.

“It has a superb board and crime team, excellent relations with law enforcement, and a wide and effective reach to its large membership and the entire industry. JSA’s finances are solid, and its supporters are loyal and generous. This is a perfect time for me to step aside from what has been a very satisfying career.”

Since 1897, there have only been four JSA presidents, with average terms of more than 30 years each.

JSA Chairperson Alan Zimmer said, “JSA will miss John’s steady leadership of the organization for the last 32 years. He will also be missed for his many contributions to the jewelry industry.

“On a personal level, I would like to thank John for his stewardship of JSA and will greatly miss John for his professionalism and friendship. We wish John all the best in his future retirement.”

Kennedy has been recognized for his contributions to the jewelry industry, including having received the following awards: JCK’s Person of the Year in 2002; the American Gem Society Award for Lifetime Achievement in 2008; the Gem Award for Lifetime Achievement from Jewelers of America in 2021; and the Stanley Schechter Award from the Jewelers Vigilance Committee, also in 2021.

“I am grateful for the unfailing industry support I have always felt, and I look forward to staying in touch with friends and colleagues by continuing my service as secretary of the 24 Karat Club of New York, as I have done for the past 22 years,” Kennedy said.

The JSA board and its ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... s-with-jsa
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)