Unheated fancy tanzanite

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Unheated fancy tanzanite

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've never bought from them, but I've been getting newsletters from Advanced Quality gemstones in Oz for years, and their latest newsletter revealed they have a source for various colors of tanzanite not usually seen in this newsletter, to advertise their presence at the Hong Kong show which begins in a few days. I'm using this to alert y'all to these unusual color tanzanites, and where they are available if you're interested in them. ;)

Dear friends and colleagues,

As you all probably know by now, Tanzanite is our company's love stone. For years we were sure that blue, the deep blue, usually a heated gem, is ours and our customers' favorite color. But then about 10 years ago in Arusha, we were shown rough tanzanite of peculiar colours, that if you ask me, looked quite terrible in the rough, but they were interesting.
Suddenly green mixed with blue, and pinkish and purple mixed with brown, with touches of green. Don't ask me why, Kobi and I decided to buy the rough, maybe as a curiosity. Then your humble servant sat to pre shape the rough and felt excited by these peculiar colors even in their pre shape. The punch in the face came when we sent them to be faceted in our Bangkok lapidary, and they came back as amazing color combinations never seen before. We did not know how our customers would react to these, but with our luck, when we displayed them in Tucson in 2013, the GIA team interviewed us about these gems and they seemed to be quite amazed about what they saw and published the interview.
These rare gems have become some of our best selling items being identified with our company since then.
All our Tanzanites are certified by GWLAB, which is the only certificate, providing a color description, showing the amazing pleochroism of the Fancy Color Tanzanites

We invite you to come to our Hong Kong booth
AWE 8E-01 and enjoy our latest production and have coffee with us on the way ☕️

Yours sincerely,

Menahem Sevdermish

PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)