Move Over, Barbie. LVMH Starts TV and Film Division

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This one's interesting, to say the least. It tells us about LVMH's unique corporate structure that's definitely different from the norm, and it also tells us the purpose behind this endeavor since they're not actually going into the movie-making business as competition for Hollyweird. Here's the scoop. ;)

By Rob Bates | February 23, 2024

"Will a gritty reboot of Breakfast at Tiffany’s be coming soon to your favorite streamer?

LVMH has started 22 Montaigne Entertainment, a division that will develop television and film ideas for its stable of 75 brands.

In conjunction with brand content consultancy Superconnector Studios, the new LVMH entity will try to find the right match between LVMH’s brands and entertainment creators, producers, and distributors. The luxury behemoth may co-develop, coproduce, and co-finance certain properties.

22 Montaigne Entertainment will be overseen by a committee of LVMH executives, including Antoine Arnault, the head of LVMH Image and Environment (and son of LVMH’s founder Bernard), and Anish Melwani, chairman of LVMH North America.

The division will be modeled after Nike’s Waffle Iron Entertainment, which develops sports-oriented programming for the sneaker brand, Melwani told Deadline.

“This isn’t LVMH coming to Hollywood with a big checkbook to say, ‘We’re going to go make movies,’” he said. “That’s not the intention. What we are really bringing is access to our IP, a place for great storytellers interested in that level of authenticity. LVMH is a very strange organization compared to any other organization I’ve ever worked with, in the sense that our maisons compete with each other, and we work very hard to keep their identities independent. and we give them a lot of autonomy.”

Melwani said 22 Montaigne—named after the Paris address of LVMH’s headquarters—will serve as an “organizing vehicle” to funnel projects to its brands. So if, for example, producers want to get ahold of someone from Tiffany, they’ll know who to reach out to.

“All the creative decisions, even the decision to participate or not, will stay with our maisons because we incentivize them and we structure it so that they are the keepers of their maison’s DNA and heritage and IP,” he said in the Deadline article.

A statement from LVMH cited the Inside the Dream docuseries, which featured segments on LVMH brands Dior and Bulgari, as a possible type of project for 22 Montaigne.

“I’m actually not sure we are the best ones to judge what the best ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -division/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Move Over, Barbie. LVMH Starts TV and Film Division

Post by SwordfishMining »

The is no "Tax Write Off Land" that compares to the propaganda payoff plans that are granted to "Hollywood". I wonder how far down the list of the major world studios by dollar, rupee or Yuan value anymore, LA is? The AMC stock for American theaters chain has been attacked by stock market villains for going on 3 years now, like the gamers store GameStop GME, but they are still going to work, day in, day out, despite the stock manipulation with congressional permission and profit. There are so many make or break opportunities when blood runs in the streets, it's impossible to pick a winner without a crystal ball.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"