Well-Red: A PR Valentine’s Wish List

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm loving the ring in the lead pic, but Francesca Simons' La Fantaisie star stud earrings are too fabulous to pass up so I want the earrings and the ring. :lol:

There's one pair of earrings with opal triplets in them so I cut this off there and you'll want to use the link to see the rest of the jewels in this lineup of gorgeous red jewels. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 14, 2024

"Happy Valentine’s Day! For our annual feature in honor of this holiday made for love, we asked some of our favorite PR powerhouses to share the jewels they adore most.

This year, we offer a slight twist—all pieces have to be red. Not only is red the color of Valentine’s Day, it’s also experiencing a burst of popularity lately, dominating celebrity events, runways, and Super Bowls.

Here’s what these in-the-know industry gems are dreaming of this Valentine’s Day.

Lauren Maxwell, Lauren Maxwell Public Relations

(photo courtesy of Lauren Maxwell)

“Valentine’s Day has meant many things to me over the years. This year I’ll be celebrating it with two people who have my unconditional love all year round: my mother and sister. Red has been having a moment of late, especially on the red carpet, and signals resilience and strength, which is exactly what I want the three of us to celebrate. As always, I look to jewelry to commemorate special occasions such as this. Though I don’t need to wait for a special occasion to self-purchase, Valentine’s Day feels like the right time to dive into deep red gemstone jewelry.

Fire Curl ring in 18k yellow gold with tourmaline and diamonds, price on request; Renisis

“I’m really drawn to jewelry that is timeless with a twist, which in this case [above] you can literally see. This Fire Curl ring from Renisis is regal meets rock ’n’ roll, and something I would never want to take off. Perfect for everyday wear, this sculptural design is centered around a stunning tourmaline that boasts a rich, fiery hue.
What better way to celebrate myself this Valentine’s Day than with a self-gift splurge?

Drop earrings in 18k yellow gold with ruby and diamonds, $16,500; Lagos

“Statement earrings don’t get the credit they deserve in our day-to-day lives, as they’re usually reserved for momentous occasions. Take these Lagos earrings recently worn by Angela Bassett at the 2024 Golden Globes: They’re luxurious, vibrant, and just waiting to be worn again. I would feel like a celebrity in my own right if I could treat myself to a Valentine’s Day dinner and a show wearing these one-of-a-kind earrings.”

Francesca Simons, Francesca Simons Consulting

(photo courtesy of Francesca Simons)

“The vibrant hue of red has made a significant impact in the fashion scene, making its mark both on and off the runway. Within the realm of jewelry, rubies have endured as a timeless and classic gemstone. Symbolizing power, protection, royalty, and passion, the ruby possesses the ability to effortlessly enhance any look, whether as a bold statement piece or a subtle infusion of color.

La Fantaisie star stud earrings in 18k rose gold with 1.12 cts. t.w. princess-cut rubies and 0.16 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,700; Suzanne Kalan

“These are some of my favorite pieces from our clients Suzanne Kalan [above] and Ashley Zhang [at top], showcasing the exquisite allure of the ruby.”

Amalia Keramitsis, Amalia Keramitsis Consulting

(photo courtesy of Amalia Keramitsis)

“I love these Alessandra earrings because they are clean and add an elegant pop of color for any evening.

Alessandra earrings in 18k rose gold and enamel with 2.16 cts. t.w. rubies and 0.12 ct. t.w. diamonds, $4,301; Savolinna

“I also love the Susana Martins red ring because it’s a fun yet elegant and modern way to enjoy color.”
Susana Martins cube band

Colour Mania Carmine Cube ring in 18k yellow gold with enamel and 1.73 cts. t.w. diamonds, Susana Martins

Duvall O’Steen, Luxury Brand Group

(photo courtesy of Duvall O’Steen)

Medium heart pendant necklace in 18k yellow gold on red silk cord, $700; Guzema

“With all the buzz about chokers—thank you, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Christian Dior, Valentino, etc.—I find myself wanting an awesome choker. The look feels youthful and contemporary, but with a slight nod to vintage styles of yesteryear. While I am not usually a big fan of heart jewelry, I am loving Guzema’s gold heart choker on a delightful red ribbon. With all the red on the catwalks of late, it feels like the perfect accessory.

Heart’s Desire earrings in 18k yellow gold with Sardinian coral and 1.51 cts. t.w. pear-shape diamonds, price on request; Assael

“And of course the rich enduring red of responsibly sourced Sardinian coral would be a fabulous addition to my fine jewelry wardrobe. Assael’s Heart’s Desire earrings are my choice—I’ve had my eye on them since they were worn by Zoë Kravitz at the BAFTAs a couple of years ago. I wore these earrings at the Gem Awards last year with a glorious green dress that had too much gold beading and rhinestone sparkle to wear with gold or diamonds—the coral was perfect. Sometimes a lady just needs understated elegance!”

Arianna Clemenza, For Future Reference

(photo courtesy of Arianna Clemenza)

Heart earrings in 20k yellow gold with red enamel and diamonds, $17,850; Buddha Mama

“These Buddha Mama earrings would be my dream Valentine’s Day gift. What I love most about these is the unique shape of the popular heart motif, and the dangling marquise diamonds make them extra romantic. I would wear these way beyond just Valentine’s Day date night.”
Jackie LeBental-Jones, Barri Luxury Consulting

Jackie Jones

(photo courtesy of Jackie LeBental-Jones)

Kidea earrings in 18k yellow gold with enamel and ruby, $960; Onirikka

“This is one of my favorite earring silhouettes from Onirikka. The elongated and sleek shape of this stud elegantly follows the curve of the ear, creating a flattering and modern effect.

Five-stone Gemfetti earrings in 14k yellow gold with opal triplet, garnet, kyanite, chrome diopside, and ruby, $3,600; M. Spalten

“There is an artistry to choosing gemstones that complement each other. Melissa [Spalten] has a gift for design, with a palette of vibrant colors turning jewelry into beautiful masterpieces. The casual glam look of the multi-drop Gemfetti earrings has been on my wish list since she started creating them.”

Yael Fraynd, YaYa Publicity ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -wishlist/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)