Do Amore x Atticus Collection Turns Poetry Into Lyrical Jewelry

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

His work is impeccable and his designs are lovely, and by tying his pieces to his poems he makes an unusual connection with those who buy his jewels. He also donates to help communities access clean water so his motives are noble as well. Here's his story which I found rather interesting, and hope you do too. ;)

By Karen Dybis | February 13, 2024

"Atticus never intended to become a poet, much less a jewelry designer, but the pseudonymous writer with more than a million and a half Instagram followers is contributing his words to a series of engagement rings and wedding bands for fine jewelry brand Do Amore.

The collaboration began last year, with Atticus helping to design rings inspired by lines from his poems. Each ring box is etched with the poem that led to the ring’s creation.

Do Amore founder Krish Himmatramka says that Atticus’ massive social-media following made him a natural choice for a collaboration centered on love, and that sales have been strong during the first months the rings have been available, which coincided with holiday and Valentine’s Day engagements.

Atticus keeps his real name a secret, saying he’d prefer to focus on the art rather than the fame and to send “love from the shadows.”

A salt-and-pepper center diamond sets a dramatic tone for Dark Between the Stars ($2,980), an engagement ring in the Atticus x Do Amore collection.

“Both parties really cared about the story of each piece, and the poem, so we took our time with it instead of rushing it out,” Himmatramka says. “It’s been a very detailed and full-of-heart partnership to maximize meaning, which meant it took a long time.”

“Poetry and love fit so well together. People have always messaged me saying they used my words in their wedding vows,” Atticus tells JCK via email. “I always wanted to pursue something creatively connected to marriage. Do Amore was that perfect fit. It’s been an incredible project to weave poetry into beautiful jewelry and create these stories around objects of love.”

He says the Do Amore collaboration felt like kismet, just like the start of his writing journey. “Poetry happened to me by accident. I never set out to be a writer,” Atticus says. “It was a chance meeting in France—I met a famous actor there, and we became friends. He taught me about poetry and how it had saved his life. A few days later, I was in Paris and saw something beautiful and wrote a poem about it.”

Every ring has the related poem etched into its box. This box belongs to the Magic ring.

A nontraditional engagement ring in the collection gets its name from an Atticus poem that is one of his fans’ favorites: “She was / that wild thing / that I loved / My dark between the stars.” The Dark Between the Stars ring features a round salt-and-pepper diamond, which looks like the night sky, that is surrounded by pavé diamonds in a halo and sits on a dainty band lined with diamonds.

The poet says he and Do Amore’s team spent a lot of time discussing “how do we tell a story and have that story and poetry work in tandem to create something even more beautiful and more meaningful than before. We figured anyone can buy jewelry, but what makes it more special is adding the thought and care and narrative of why we designed these pieces the way that we did.… We built and weaved them together.”

The collaboration includes wedding bands—among them, this Ash band ($780) inspired by an Atticus poem that mentions the smell of a wood fire burning—as well as earrings and a necklace.

As with all its rings, Do Amore contributes a portion of the proceeds from the Atticus rings’ sales to an organization dedicated to providing communities in need with access to clean water. This charitable commitment is another thing about collaborating with the jewelry company that appealed to Atticus.

“I am deeply motivated by the water crisis and work with organizations to bring people in developing countries clean water. It’s one of the reasons why the partnership with Do Amore, who provides clean drinking water to people around the globe, was so natural,” he says. “I have been ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... s-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)