Toni Lynn Offers a Healing Perspective for Valentine’s Day

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

She came up with a very clever design for healing a broken heart that everyone recognizes and gets the point across. How cute! :)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 09, 2024

"Valentine’s Day is a romantic holiday, a fun tradition that gives couples (additional) cause to celebrate their love.

But there are other ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day—for example, Galentine’s Day, an occasion for women, both coupled and uncoupled, to celebrate one another and their meaningful friendships.

With a child in kindergarten, I’m now learning of another perspective on the holiday—kindness. Love, relationships, and even friendship can be too abstract a concept for little ones, but kindness is something everyone can get on board with.

Every one of these Valentine’s themes has me appreciating Feb. 14 as I never really did before. And now Karli Fabric Finkelstein of Toni Lynn Jewelry presents another take on Valentine’s Day: treating oneself with love after loss.

The concepts of self-care and self-love may not have been completely absent from the narrative of this holiday, but Toni Lynn’s Healing collection serves as a poignant reminder that a little love can help us go a long way in overcoming challenges. As Finkelstein put it so beautifully in her notes on the collection, “we’re all healing.”

Healing Heart pendant in 14k white gold, $840

Whether we’re recovering from the loss of a loved one, a relationship, or a job, or physically healing from an illness or injury, or mentally healing, this jewelry offers very wearable daily reminders that we can put ourselves back together, even if we arise slightly altered from before. Toni Lynn’s Healing collection comprises two different rings, a pair of earrings, and a necklace, all available in 14k yellow, white, or rose gold.

Finkelstein’s own healing journey followed the passing of her mother, Toni Lynn, from pancreatic cancer. “I was 26 years old, the oldest of three girls, getting married to the love of my life, and without my best friend—my mom. I had so much ahead of me, so much more to learn, and so many firsts that would never be shared with her,” Finkelstein tells JCK. Losing her mom not only shaped her future, the designer says, but inspired her jewelry brand and each piece she creates.

Healing Heart hoop earrings in 14k yellow gold, $1,400

“I spend a lot of time thinking of her, what would’ve been, what should’ve been, and I realize that what once was will never be again,” says Finkelstein. “I tried to embody this sentiment in the design of my Healing Heart: a broken heart held together by a bandage, because this heart doesn’t go back to being whole. It remains broken, and it can’t go back to the way it was before because it has been through pain.

“But it acknowledges the pain it has endured, accepts it as part of its story, and chooses not to let it define the present or the future. Instead, it embraces the beauty of life as it is now, which is what the bandage represents. I also intentionally designed the heart with separation down the middle, to allow for light to pass through to represent that love has the power to heal and bring light during the darkest of time.”

Healing Heart signet ring in 14k rose gold, $1,580

While the Healing jewelry seems a refreshing and honest offering for Valentine’s Day, its sentiment is everlasting. “Valentine’s Day can be a challenging time emotionally for many individuals, especially those who may be dealing with heartbreak,” Finkelstein says. “I hope that consumers view my collection as a source of strength and compassion during a holiday they may not feel like celebrating right now, and that my Healing Hearts feel like an empowering gift that celebrates wherever you are in your journey—today, tomorrow, every day—and not just on Valentine’s Day.”

A percentage of all the brand’s sales go to the Rolfe Pancreatic Cancer Foundation in honor of Finkelstein’s mother.

Top: Healing Heart dome ring in 14k yellow gold, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ing-heart/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Toni Lynn Offers a Healing Perspective for Valentine’s Day

Post by SwordfishMining »

OK, I'm gonna say it. The ring does NOT match the pendent with the last heart connected on the bottom besides bandaged completing the healing/matching the other items in the line, not that Im guessing the whole line is here.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"